OTHER GBOX 3000 Positioner Count Changing on Its Own

MarkVA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Northern Virginia, USA
Folks -- I haven't posted in quite a while, which means that all has been well up until a couple of weeks ago. I have an AZBox Premium + and an LNBF hooked up to the GBox 3000 positioner. After not having used the dish for about a month, I turned things on one night and noticed that the counter was off by about 130 numbers. (I keep a "chest sheet" with all my satellites and position numbers so it was easy to check. I found the spacecraft again after adding 130 to the position I had written down. Then, I turned it on about a week later and the count is now something like -7415. Is this just a scrambled brain requiring a reset or indicative of a problem somewhere else?

Can be caused also from strong local RF. Are you a Ham Radio operator? Next door neighbor?

Reactions: Titanium
Could be a problem such as wiring, failing reed switch, electrical brownout, etc. See if the problem continues and if it follows a trend of being off in one direction, etc.

Good point -- now that we're coming out of winter, I need to do a bunch of spring maintenance anyway. If the weather is decent this weekend, I'll check all the connectors and the reed switch. The reflector and actuator are going on 25 years old, so none of this would surprise me.

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts