Gbox issues? or reed sensor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok folks here we go with more issues again lol. My Gbox messed up at some point yesterday it was way off on all its settings. I reset everything...reprogrammed all the sat info..positions etc...Seemed to be fine for the rest of the day. Today when I came home I noticed the box said I was on 87W when in fact the dish was at 91W....E2 error code. Reset everything again. It cleared everything in the G box. I get E2 error code no matter what I do. I can reprogram the sat info but it doesn't move to position. To get it to move I have to manually use the left - right buttons and bump it a degree or two at a time. It doesn't show the positions as I'm doing this it only shows 0000. I unplugged the Gbox and replugged it in the power strip I have. I checked connections inside and at the accuator. Nothing has changed. I'm suspecting the Gbox is messed up? Or could it be the reed sensor? How do I know if the reed sensor is messed up? I can make the trip to Sadoun to get it replaced but I want to make sure its the Gbox and not something else. The set up is two months old. Thanks Blind

Fixed it! Wife re-arranged bedroom and moved the tv etc...after checking things three times I found a loose connection on one of the wires to the Gbox. For once an easy fix....yippeeeeeeee. Blind:)

Fixed it!

Yep, usually a loose wire like that will create havoc. If it was not solved fast, it could have damaged the diodes in the GBox.

Lesson learned:

E2 Message on Display:

There is only one error message -- E2 message for GBox. E-2 Message means NO PUSLES detected.

Possible causes:

* Re-check the wiring connection from the actuator to the GBox
* Make sure the actuator is not stopped due to Mechanical Limit.
* Check if the Reed Switch Sensor in the actuator is broken.
* Check if the Motor is broken.
* The "diodes" inside the GBox might be broken.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)