Gbox messing with my hh motor?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i1ano2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I was feeling so good yesterday, setting up my bud was way easier than I ever thought it would be. What a difference a day makes! Now, everything is screwed up. I have my Fortec Dynamic, wire going from it to the gbox, to a disecq 4x switch. lnb 1 and 2 to invacom lnb on 1 meter dish with an sg380 motor, lnb 4 to bud. When I move the bud, something goes wacky and sends the hh motor all the way west. Do I have something wired wrong? Obviously, something is wrong, but I can't seem to get a handle on it. I had a little tv and box hooked up out at the bud, and everything was perfect, but I did not have it running through the disecq switch yet. When I thought I had everything perfect, I ran all the wiring in and set up in the house, and that is when the hh motor went crazy. Can anyone see where I screwed up?

For me, running 2 motors from 1 receiver does not work well.
Since the H-H Motor also listens to DiSEqC commands, it seems to always move.

You should not have the DiSEqC Switch before the H-H motor, it should go:
Receiver----->H-H Motor------>DiSEqC Switch-----LNBs
DiSEqC Switches are not designed to have Motor Current running through them, usually burn up quickly.

Also see...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/188260-question-about-switches.html

2 separate systems

Thank you both for the reply. Anole, I read some of the post you suggested, and it was more than I could comprehend. But, I did understand enough to put it together with what Lak7 said and separated the 2 cables and am using 2 different receivers. Now, the only problem I have is that my 2 receivers, a Fortec Mercury II and a Dynamic, both use the same remote, so I have to power one off in the back so as not to control both when I give one a command.
Any suggestions how to overcome that?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)