GBox Positioner Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I'm in the market for either a V Box 7 or a GBox satellite positioner. I'm leaning towards the GBox but Sadoun doesn't have an ETA for them and the only other retailer I could find for them is a little bit pricey.

If anyone knows of a source for them please share.

Thanks

Had a V-box, now have a GBox and love it! The Gbox is worth the extra cash if you need the dish to be accurate. Also has sat name display on front of Gbox so you know where your dish is at all times. Wish I could get a spare in case I need it someday. I would hold out for the G!

Sadoun is the only GBox retailer and he can't get them right now. I've found the VBox 7 for $30, so not a bad deal.

We also use the VBox X and have no problems. The flying saucer design is unique, but the operation has been very good in controlling a Superjack 36" through 125' of RG6 ribbon cable.

Never have had to resync and I would call ourselves a power user. We swap between multiple STBs daily and the Prof 7301 on our test bench.

Never had any problems here with my vbox-X.

I was told the same thing about 3-4 months ago. I went and ordered a Powermax V-Box X for $50 instead. I used it with my 7.5' Unimesh and I couldn't be happier with it. No complaints and it fuctions flawlessly.

I have a V-Box 7 for over 1 year now and I never had any problems.
I used it on my 7 1/2 footer and my 10 footer. I only have a 75 foot run to my dish using #16 gauge wire.

I imagine I'll end up with one of the V Box 7's because I can't seem to get any time frame for when the GBoxes will be in stock again. The retailer that I thought had them in stock, didn't.

As long as the V Box is fairly accurate and will handle my 12 foot dish it should work fine for me, although I did like the way the GBox displayed the satellite name on the front panel.

Thanks

Maybe I had a defective one? Who knows. But I love the way the GBox displays the name of the Satellite. Some people don't care if it displays the name or not. Good luck and please give us a report.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)