GBox V4000 with Polarator control

GBox V4000 with Polarator control

• Yes, I am definitely interested, count me in.

Votes: 73 70.2%
  • No, I have no use for it.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 27 26.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any news on this front? My Off The Air channel count will soon = 0 once they flip the digital switch.

I will probably put up a KU for my wife but this spring I want to get the BUD up and running again. Without Skew I'm Screwed.

If I recall my first FTA that I still have had both the actuator voltage and skew (sat cruiser ACE) but no Blind-Search ...ARRRG :eek: I have purposely kept an old positioner just for this but I don't think it handled polarity ...

How are we doing on the new GBox ??

I haven't been following all this thread, but I know I have voted for a new version of the GBox and am still interested. I need it for both DiseQc and Polorotor servo control.

Maybe we need to discuss this somemore to keep the thread fresh and "on top"

Steve

Have you tried a converter box?

Yes. I am very rural. I have been messing with a huge VHF OTA antenna and now I occasionally can get some channels now. Nothing solid but I was able to watch about 10 minutes of the super-bowl. We are just on the threshold for signal strength for the new Digital TV. I have messed with amps and what not. There is no easy fix.

I really don't care but the thing that makes me a little mad is that I get 2 or 3 analog stations very, very strong but none of those come in at all with digital. My hunch is that they either have not or will not be transmitting the digital from their current translator sites.

Yes. I am very rural. I have been messing with a huge VHF OTA antenna and now I occasionally can get some channels now.
From what I understand, "they" are not pumping full power on the Digital antenna.
"They" will go full power on Feb 17th. But I'm near a big city, I do not know about rural areas.
Have you checked / asked anything over the the OTA forum?

Yes. I am very rural. I have been messing with a huge VHF OTA antenna and now I occasionally can get some channels now. Nothing solid but I was able to watch about 10 minutes of the super-bowl. We are just on the threshold for signal strength for the new Digital TV. I have messed with amps and what not. There is no easy fix.

I really don't care but the thing that makes me a little mad is that I get 2 or 3 analog stations very, very strong but none of those come in at all with digital. My hunch is that they either have not or will not be transmitting the digital from their current translator sites.

Google "hovermann" our friends from the great white north have done a lot of work in this area and have come up with some great solutions to fringe reception of OTA digital.

I need one. I'll wait patiently though. My dish has a polorator setup right now but it won't work with my FTA box so I had to buy a V3000 and a C/KU LNBF. I hope it comes out soon.

One more customer waiting for one (at least) here!

Any idea of when these will be available yet?????????

Last edited:
yah id take one for like 89.95us if they would be shipped usps. i got my vbox2 for 80cad after shipping and tax. not sure what the gbox3k has over it. and i have the polorator on my test bench and it doesnt cost tons to make. have they been manufactured yet ?

crackt out,

As with any new product I will wait until the device has been reviewed here.

Pending good review, SatelliteGuys discounted price and USPS shipping.

This is about the "new" GBox V4000 (not 3000), see thread from beginning.
Price will be over USD 100.- and that's OK if it will do what it's supposed to do.

One of the features for the Sadoun V3000 G-Box is:

"60 Pre-stored Satellite Names & 30 Free Names at User's Choice"...

Are these Satellite names "hardcoded" in the box, and are they for North America Sats. only?

Will users outside N/A only be able to use the "30 Free Names at User's Choice" or is there a way for these users to also have 90 usable Satellite names??

Is the Sadoun V4000 G-Box getting any closer to being released?

The satellite names can be changed by user.

V4000 concept, is not ready or close to being ready yet. Sorry.

:angel:

Please clarify:

Are you saying that ALL 90 Satellite Names can be changed by the user to World Wide Satellite Names, not just the 30 Free Names??

:angel:

Last edited:
Ok, let me clarify

You have 90 memory spots for satellites.

There are 60 Names already preset into the GBOX. 30 Names not pre-set.

At any of the 90 spots, you can tag it with a satellite name. The name tag can be pulled from anyone of the pre-stored 60 names, or you can customize your own name by using one of the available 30 empty spots.

All of this is also explained in the manual and how to use the remote control to do it.

Ok, let me clarify

You have 90 memory spots for satellites.

There are 60 Names already preset into the GBOX. 30 Names not pre-set.

At any of the 90 spots, you can tag it with a satellite name. The name tag can be pulled from anyone of the pre-stored 60 names, or you can customize your own name by using one of the available 30 empty spots.

All of this is also explained in the manual and how to use the remote control to do it.

So it's incorrect that (quote) "The satellite names can be changed by user." as you wrote in post # 76 in reply to my question in post # 75 (quote); "is there a way for these users (outside North America) to also have 90 usable Satellite names??"

:) That is why I had to clarify my statement.

The 60 preset names where selected because this unit is mainly sold to NA customers. It is also a convenience feature to save users the time to enter Letters and digits.

For outside of NA, we could make a new model without the pre-set names and allow the user to name each satellite separately. At this time, we don't have plans to make such unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)