GBox V4000 with Polarator control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I ask the same question a week ago in an email to Sadoun Sales. Here is what they told me.

"The V4000 is still in development and won't be available for ar least 2-3 months."

I just about finished with my 1st BUD and not sure I can wait. Considering purchasing a V3000 for now and upgrade later. That still leaves me without a way to switch polarity in the Co-Rotor. Or I can manually rotate the 10 ft dish, a lot of trips out to the yard. (Kinda reminds me of the Ole Outhouse days of my life.)

Suggestions welcome.

Steve

I just about finished with my 1st BUD and not sure I can wait. Considering purchasing a V3000 for now and upgrade later. That still leaves me without a way to switch polarity in the Co-Rotor. ...
A few months ago I got an old BUD with a co-rotor type LNB made in the early 90s. I replaced the LNB with a modern one which changes polarity via voltage from the receiver. The polarity switching is accomplished by the receiver changing the DC voltage between 13 and 18 volts.

So no need to wait for the V4000 -- just get a V3000 and a modern LNB.

Brett

work around

I replaced the LNB with a modern one which changes polarity via voltage from the receiver.
The polarity switching is accomplished by the receiver changing the DC voltage between 13 and 18 volts.
There are some advantages to the co-rotor approach, and some who prefer it.
As a simple upgrade to an old BUD with one, the 4000 is "the right stuff".
However, if you can't wait for it to come out, this C-band only, voltage-controlled LNBF is a work around.
Over the several years various brands have been on the market, the C-band performance has been adequate.
And at this price, it won't hurt the pocket book.
Of course, there is the extra effort of replacing the feedhorn, and some modest realignment.

Once the 4000's hit the market, I don't think such LNBFs will deter too many customers.

If I can ask a dumb question .... HOW will you manually rotate the dish> I've been looking for a hand crank actuator, but maybe you have a "better Idea?"

Photto

I have the same "dumb question" going around in my head right now. I have a couple "dumb ideas".

1. manually power the drive motor (Con: possibility of motor damage if it goes beyond limits)

2. temp. replace the dish drive with a continues threaded rod (all-thread) and a couple nuts and a ratchet wrench. Maybe attach a long ruler to note or mark the position of each bird. (Con: many trips back and forth to the yard!

3. find an old receiver that provides both dish drive motor and co-rotor control, just to handle those functions. (I just saw this solution in another thread. So far, none on ebay.)

Just some "Tinker's thoughts"

Steve

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts