Gears of War 2 Official Preview!

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Here it is fellows!
Gears of War 2, Sequel to the 4.5-Million-Selling Blockbuster, is Coming in November!
This game deserves a midnight release!
Xbox.com | Gears of War® 2 - Gears of War 2 Announced

gearsofwar2_marcus_1280.jpg

G@d damn locuts ahhh it nevers ends.... Great line!!:up

I've been waiting anxiously for this game, I still play GOW but man lately COD4 is the only game that keep me playing, I even bought a PS3 to have more options, and only play one game and Blue Ray movies.

G@d damn locuts ahhh it nevers ends.... Great line!!:up

I've been waiting anxiously for this game, I still play GOW but man lately COD4 is the only game that keep me playing, I even bought a PS3 to have more options, and only play one game and Blue Ray movies.

You should check out Uncharted :) PS3 has many games they offer that are great.
And if you are a Gears of War fan, you should try Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3! Its a great game and they allow mods!

Looking forward to the game, but honestly not looking forward to the hype.

This game is probably the most anticipated game of the year along Halo 3 which was released a while back..

All I hope is the game is longer than the first one..

You should check out Uncharted :) PS3 has many games they offer that are great.
And if you are a Gears of War fan, you should try Unreal Tournament 3 for the PS3! Its a great game and they allow mods!

I have UT3 for PC, a friend got it as a gift but his PC is not powerfull enough, he also "loeaned"(if this is the correct word :D) Crysis, but on that one my PC is not powerfull enough:p. I need a $400 plus video card(I already have Vista Ultimate for DX10) and I got the Ps3 instead.

I'm actually waiting for UT3 for X360, the thing is that all my friends play on XLive, what's the release date for that game if any?

Tom

Before I got my 360 I read all about how great this game was and how lauded it was. This somewhat baffled me because I wondered how a game that was so good could have such a stagnant ad campaign (Mad World anyone?)

After playing it, I understood all the hype and accolades. This sequel will definitely be on my Xmas list.

I thought the ads were great, and actually my wife bought the game for me because of hte mad world song (she thought it was on the game!)
Well I'm not saying the ads were BAD... but you'd figure such a great game would have an ad that showed off more of the gameplay and innovative game style. When I saw those ads I had NO idea what the game was about. I suppose they felt that all the hype and build up for the game would help it sell itself.

Should be interesting to see what the GoW2 ads are like. Maybe they'll have the original Tears For Fears version of the song.

I thought the ads were great, and actually my wife bought the game for me because of hte mad world song (she thought it was on the game!)

My wife loves that song and the commercial. Its probably one of the best commercials I've ever seen. That song just fits perfectly with whats going on in that commercial.

My wife loves that song and the commercial. Its probably one of the best commercials I've ever seen. That song just fits perfectly with whats going on in that commercial.
Well.. maybe overall.. but I'd argue that that last battle with RAAM deserved something heavier. I would have Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and the Flames" playing while I was fighting him.

GoW was one of the few games that I played better when I was drunk. Honestly.. whenever I got stuck on a part, I would drink then play again and I would get past the part. This happened on at least 3 different occassions. I think it helped me think "outside the box." I remember in the final act when you had to get to the top of the train to hold back the Locusts, and I kept dying because I didn't have a lot of ammo, and one time I just retreated, and then I saw that the Arrows had respawned, and then I realized, "Hey.. I can stock up before I go after these guys now.. "

The only time I couldn't use the power of JD and Smirnoff to get through a battle was when I fought RAAM on Insane. I needed to recruit my ex gf's brother to help me with that. But dammit we killed him! (after about 25 minutes.)

Ok that's enough nostalgia. Next will be the story of when I went over a friend's house and was able to beat the Legend of Zelda. :p