Gears of War 2!

My wife and I had friends from out of town stay with us this weekend and me and my buddy made it through the first half of the campaign on coop. I'd say it's pretty much everything I was expecting. There are some nice new touches, but nothing mindblowing-ly different from the first, but that's not a bad thing. Overall, a great game.

I blew thru normal and hardcore, but I am getting my A$$ kicked on insane, still love it though, but I gotta say, I liked the first one better...not by much...

I blew thru normal and hardcore, but I am getting my A$$ kicked on insane, still love it though, but I gotta say, I liked the first one better...not by much...
I'm about to delve into Hardcore. It's always weird to play a game like that again all the way from the beginning and remember where you ended versus where you started.

As far as versus the first one, overall I enjoy this one better with the atmosphere and the plot. My main complaint, which a number of reviewers shared, was that there are no great boss battles in this game. I don't think I'm spoiling too much by saying that there's no "epic" (no pun intended) end battles like the one with RAAM at the end of GoW1, which still stands out in my mind as one of the best end bosses of all time. Beating him on Insane was so difficult that I needed my girlfriend at the time's loser gamer brother to help me beat him. I'm very proud of that achievement. :D

Really, what did you not like about the changes? I actually found it to be nearly 100% the same game. That's not a bad thing, but I didn't find it better or worse, it was really Gears 1.5 like a lot of the previews had said before release.

I think the first one MP was better...this one feels little off.
But the single player and coop campaign is amazing.
Storyline was awesome, thank god it was longer than the first one...still its a quick game.

I think the first one MP was better...this one feels little off.
But the single player and coop campaign is amazing.
Storyline was awesome, thank god it was longer than the first one...still its a quick game.
To me the addition of bots was a VERY welcome change. Quite frankly I don't like playing online and being "ranked" or punished for leaving games or having to deal with annoying people online. Just being able to jump into a deathmatch scenario or one of the other MP types is great for me.

I borrowered the first one and wasn't a big fan.. gave it back without finishing it.. I moved on to star wars the force unleased (thank you $30 amazon gold) :)

Damn, I am still trying to beat insane, I am at the end though, but WOW, alot harder this time around then the first one on insane...after this, it's on to Left for Dead...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)