Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
If there's anything you guys should know about me by now, it's that I love me some Uncharted: Drakes' Fortune.

So, needless to say, I can't wait for this one!!

[ame="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43625.html"]Gametrailers.com - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Spike VGA World Premier Trailer HD[/ame]

[ame="http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43231.html"]Gametrailers.com - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Uncharted 2 Announcement Teaser HD[/ame]

Supposedly, both of these trailers were rendered in real-time using the engine from the game, and I've heard quotes from Naughty Dog saying they only used about 30% of the PS3's power with the first game, but they thought they were pushing 100% this time around. I'm not sure I believe that, but if it's anything close to that kind of improvement over the first game, it should be stunning.

I haven't seen much about a release date yet, other than Q4 2009....

I'd prefer a fun game over stunning visual effects. Both of those combined (see Gears of War 1 + 2) would make a great product.

If there's anything you guys should know about me by now, it's that I love me some Uncharted: Drakes' Fortune.

So, needless to say, I can't wait for this one!!

Gametrailers.com - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Spike VGA World Premier Trailer HD

Gametrailers.com - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Uncharted 2 Announcement Teaser HD

Supposedly, both of these trailers were rendered in real-time using the engine from the game, and I've heard quotes from Naughty Dog saying they only used about 30% of the PS3's power with the first game, but they thought they were pushing 100% this time around. I'm not sure I believe that, but if it's anything close to that kind of improvement over the first game, it should be stunning.

I haven't seen much about a release date yet, other than Q4 2009....

I an with you 100%. Loved that game. Lookin forward to #2!!!!!

I'm definitely on board as well for DF2. I look forward to playing in what seems to be a wider diversity of topography this time.

Thanks for the link to last night's trailer. I was meaning to look it up this morning.

I wouldn't be so excited about this if I didn't also think the first game was fun....
Well I figured that was implied, especially also after seeing your avatar. My point was that while the trailers do look very nice, they don't show any gameplay in them. I have little doubt that the PS3 is a graphical powerhouse, but I just don't get excited about games until I see them "in action." When they start getting into some gameplay elements then I'll be more excited.
The good news is that I still have ample time to beat the first "Uncharted" before the new one comes out. Stopped in the middle and returned it to Gamefly. Maybe I should add that back to my queue and delve back into it to finish it off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)