General Hospital

Its been recording but I havent watched in a while. I believe Cassandra is a Cassadine but why bother.... I cant get interested in it. I think they were hoping they were going to breathe more life into the show with the storyline of Jonnie is Claudia's son and the fallout from it. It didnt keep me watching. I miss OLTL

OLTL was my favorite soap out of all of them. I do miss it. I hope ABC never gets the ratings up for the replacement crap they put on in place of it. I hate to see Erica Slezak not have a show to be on. She to me, was One life to live. The whole show was centered around her and the other characters were just back drops to her main story line or life. I really liked the split personalities. She should of won an Emmy for playing all of those different ids. After the cancellation of this show I 'm out now. I won't ever watch another soap . I 'm done with the entire genre now.

Soap Opera Ratings: All Shows Down, 'General Hospital' Last in Viewers & Households

Source

I tried watching General Hospital after All My Children was yanked off the air, but I just couldn't get into the show. Anyway, with AMC and OLTL getting booted by ABC, and later not being produced online, are any of the remaining Soaps going to survive? Well, the Soap ratings continue to decline and, with Soapnet expected to cease operations on March 22nd, I don't see anyone other than CBS sticking with the daily scripted drama format beyond 2013.

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,275,000 (-78,000/-550,000)
2. B&B 3,063,000 (-36,000/+252,000)
3. DAYS 2,429,000 (-119,000/-59,000)
4. GH 2,344,000 (-59,000/-343,000)

I miss AMC...but not the crap they were broadcasting the past couple years to save costs. To be honest, it was more of a burden to watch the shows queued up on the DVR. I miss the older shows when they had better writers and cast members. Anyway, good luck to GH surviving.

I cannot believe the ratings above! How is Days better than GH? I watch both now that OLTL and ATWT are gone. GH is soooo much better than it was a year ago. Maybe because of the addition of Starr, JMB, and Todd, but I tried watching a year ago and I couldn't stand all the mob crap. Somehow, Carlivati and Valenti have revived something in the show. I hope that stinky Katie Couric wont take away GH. Just take away the Revolution!

I started watching General Hospital again after the One Life to Live characters were added. I haven't watched GH full time since 1986 when Luke and Laura came back for a visit from Texas, other than the Luke and Laura wedding anniversary special a while ago. I have to say that this show is lacking any real characters I could care about. The only reason I will continue to watch is for the One Life to Live characters. I wouldn't mind seeing more of them integrated into the show to give it some heart. But if the show keeps being about Sonny the Mob guy , I don't see it lasting past September. OF course April is the month that ABC is supposed to decide if it stays on or gets cancelled. So we will soon know which show gets the boot. Either Revolution or GH.

For now. I'm betting once GH hits the big 50 next year, it will be back to being on the chopping block. The only way I see GH doing well is if they continue to add One Life to Live characters to it ,and maybe add some All My Children characters too. Then you would add back more viewers who were pissed at both AMC and OLtL cancellations. You would have the best of all 3 soaps in one show.

Ok Heather's face looks like it is melting - everything droops.
It probably will be cancelled. They are trying too hard to bring people from OLTL and other old characters. Some of the storylines are picking up but they are trying so hard that there is too much at once.

I'm betting by next year it will be canceled too. But we will have at least a year of it to go. I do think that the central older characters are showing their age. I saw a clip of Felicia ,coming next week, and she doesn't even look like her self at all. Lets face it NONE of us looked like we did back in the 80s. The whole soap genera is dieing off . People don't have time to stay at home and watch daytime tv any way. It is a relic like listening to radio shows in the 40s. Most people watch recorded shows on their dvrs or off the website. As for the story line, they are basically going in circles with the same Sonny /Jason /Johnny mobster story lines with a little of One Life to Live sprinkled on top. Soaps reached their epoch in the 80s with Luke & Laura saving the World, getting married with Elizabeth Taylor attending the wedding. They have only lost viewers since then. I see the entire genera leaving the air in the next 5 years on all networks.

That was cool the way they kept referencing his Past character on Pt.Charles. I never understood how they had two shows about Pt.Charles ,but the people from either show never ran into each other? Next week Tea Delgado and Todd Manning come back to town. I wonder if they will ever resolve the Todd /Victor story line from One Life to Live?

I would think that they either already had the trial for Todd and the real killer was revealed off camera , back in Lanview or Todd jumped his bail again to be able to come to Pt.Charles next week. I would hope that they would have the Todd trial on camera and on GH, so we could see the real killer revealed(Allison Perkins who took Vincent hostage) and Todd cleared. How else is he going to stay on GH with his new contract , unless they wrap up that lose end?

That is true. I have to say that I am FF through less of the show these days. Some of the storylines still need work -- they keep going in circles. Although the DID storyline steals from OLTL the actress has been doing an excellent job and it has been interesting. The baby daddy thing is getting a bit tiresome though. I was happy to be rid of the Franco stuff.

Well I guess the Franco baby will grow up to be a psycho like his daddy. Hell join the other crazy ass people like Heather Webber. Funny, how they barely mentioned that Todd was declared not guilty because of temporary insanity and he is out and roaming Pt.Charles now. I guess they will never declare the kidnapper of Vincent was Alison Perkins and she still has him hostage. Unless a pregnant Allison Perkins shows up in town . Then she could tell everyone that she rapped Vincent repeatedly while he was tied to the bed , to get knocked up, and then Knocked him off. Somehow all tied to the "Messenger's "( Mitch Lawrence) plot to rule the world. :p

lol Want to become a writer? Your imagination is vivid enough for it. :)

Jonathan Jacksons ABC show has been picked up. Im not sure it is something we would watch. Its called Nashville.
Rumor has it that down the road some Vincent is going to show up and other OLTL characters will be putting in appearances.
I'm sorry but I hope Felicia isnt around to stay - never liked her to begin with, the way she talks annoys me.
Christina will be aged when she comes back next week and brings a lot of trouble -- they could have skipped this character as far as Im concerned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)