General Instrument VideoCipher II

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Is there any value in a General Instrument VideoCipher II receiver? I've found one at a thrift store, and was curious if it was useful. It doesn't have any dish positioning abilities.

Are there any free VideoCipher channels out there? Can it do analog?

Thanks.

Is there any value in a General Instrument VideoCipher II receiver? I've found one at a thrift store, and was curious if it was useful. It doesn't have any dish positioning abilities.

Are there any free VideoCipher channels out there? Can it do analog?

Thanks.

From what I understand, VideoCipher is completely dead. I know that there were some network channels up there, but I think they are gone now (I can't tell since I've unhooked my analog reciever from the TV). If it does analog, you may be able to use it to get some wild feeds and religious channels if you manually point your satellite.. but that's about it..

all of the VCII scrambled channels are gone...the free C-Band analog channels you dont need any board in there

There are still 6 VC2+ channels on Galaxy 5 (G-14) and 1 on C-3 (AMC-11). The problem is the ACC stopped all consumer data streams as of Dec 31st 2008. That don't mean that they may not pop open in fixed key mode here and there. I will leave my VC-2+ module in my 4DTV until there isn't any signal being transmitted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)