General Question on 4DTV Conversion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

plowboy3982

Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
Thumb of Michigan
About a month and a half ago i bought a DSR 922 receiver to use on an older dish system that i took down and moved to my house. I do not subscribe to any programming and mainly use the receiver for analog and the few free digital (DCII) channels available.

My main question is do i need to do anything with this update/transition/switchover?
Do i need to do something to get new sat maps? Would there be any benefit to doing this, as in more free digital channels or other programming? Or is this mainly for people who subscribe to programming services?

I am not really interested as of this time in buying programming, and will probably be getting a fta receiver to add some dvbs2 channels in the near future.

I have been trying to read as much as possible on all of this but being somewhat new to satellite television it is confusing! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: I now have no DCII channels AT ALL! I have no idea what is going on. Up until today i was able to watch on W3 600-602 ABC, NBC, CBS; T4 600-602 Net PBS; GB 402 JCTV, 752 CCTV; and W1 400 R&R. None of these will work now?!?!?

Somebody's got to know something to help me? I had just found out that they were there a week ago. Please don't tell me that they are gone for good?

Sounds like you should be in the FTA group. The 922 was primarily designed as a subscription receiver. It may be quite old and if the battery fails it won't be worth much to you. Doing the conversion process will open up subscription potential for you.
A new FTA HD receiver will get you HD capability which the 922 will not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts