Official 4DTV Conversion to W5/X4 services only infornmation post

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry if I misunderstood something I read and I'll delete my post if an official moderator wants me to. There are so many opinions and conspiracy theories and self appointed experts I guess I'll leave it all up to the rest of you.

Also people are throwing out the EMM number like everyone should be able to see either 4160 or 4096; and this is just not true! Some receivers may display this EMM number but those with a 922 or a 920 do not display this number like that. I have even see one post a picture with the EMM number, not all receivers have the same display.

On my DSR-922 Option 67781 brings up the Manual Tune screen. EMM Provider is shown on the second line on that screen. Mine shows 4160 and I am getting most but not all of the subscribed channels. My problem is I can not get the schedule as some people have reported doing. How are you accessing the diagnostic screen that shows info about the schedule?

Tim

What does deactivate services do?

What does webSams deactivate services do? Does it send something to your receiver? Is it safe to try deactivate before you activate? I seem to recall reading someone did this as part of their procedure.

This is a deal breaker for me. My family enjoys this channel so between that, and GB 410, I will not be converting or subbing my 920. I have a DSR 410 coming and I will sub with it.

You are aware that GB-802 (Gospel Music Channel) is offered on W5/X4 in many different packages?

If it does die in a month or so from not getting a key update I hope it gets changed to DVB format sometime soon and without any PowerVu.

I just got off the phone with the programming center and they said that the system is backed up with rehit so they may take a while to go through and that apples to websams as well. So i'm keeping my receiver turned on and tuned to X4-216 and waiting for the trip counter to increment.

Sorry if I misunderstood something I read and I'll delete my post if an official moderator wants me to. There are so many opinions and conspiracy theories and self appointed experts I guess I'll leave it all up to the rest of you.

No need to delete anything, while it is true there are different things happening to different folks there is alot of mis-information being put out on the net. I just wanted to make you & others aware before someone else took it for gospel.

On my DSR-922 Option 67781 brings up the Manual Tune screen. EMM Provider is shown on the second line on that screen. Mine shows 4160 and I am getting most but not all of the subscribed channels. My problem is I can not get the schedule as some people have reported doing. How are you accessing the diagnostic screen that shows info about the schedule?

Tim
I did find that info on the 922 today showing the EMM number using options 6-7-7-8-1

Diagnostic screen F is where the info on the guide loads into the receiver.
The third column from the left beginning on the 3rd line down from the top is the packet info being received by the receiver.
The top 2 rows near the middle of the screen F on the trickle down method does not change like it does when it was using the Dump method which Motorola used. Then those 0's changed to 6's and 7's with 7's being the most complete download. Now you will look at diagnostic screen F 4th row down and the 3rd column from the left and that number will decrease as the guide is loaded.
To receive the new guide you must have it activated by SRL/ WebSams or where you purchase programming from.
I still had a sub good till June from Programmers and have an account using WebSams.
That is where I activated my guide from.

I did find that info on the 922 today showing the EMM number using options 6-7-7-8-1

Diagnostic screen F is where the info on the guide loads into the receiver.
The third column from the left beginning on the 3rd line down from the top is the packet info being received by the receiver.
The top 2 rows near the middle of the screen F on the trickle down method does not change like it does when it was using the Dump method which Motorola used. Then those 0's changed to 6's and 7's with 7's being the most complete download. Now you will look at diagnostic screen F 4th row down and the 3rd column from the left and that number will decrease as the guide is loaded.
To receive the new guide you must have it activated by SRL/ WebSams or where you purchase programming from.
I still had a sub good till June from Programmers and have an account using WebSams.
That is where I activated my guide from.

How do you bring up these diagnostic screens?

Also, I have a sub (SKH2H-Deluxe-PK) from Skyvision good to June. I though it included the guide. But I'm starting to think that might be the problem. When I had the programming center on the phone I had her switch me to their Super-Pak which definitely list the guide as included. I'm waiting for them to hit me with the update. It's been about an hour the girl said she call back when they do.

Diagnostics: Options-6-0-5, then navigate with R & L arrows, A thru G.

Just an observation in the Diag A screen:
If the EMM is still 4096, there will be a 1000 at 4th line down & 4th position right.
If the EMM is 4160, then there will be a 1040 at 4th line down & 4th position right.
Maybe someone has a list of other EMM IDs for these positions?

LG, if you log in to websams today

Just tried to log in on websams with the username and password they gave me by clicking on the link they provided in the Email that was sent. Got the following message when I clicked that link.

[SIZE=+1]Thank you for your interest in the Subscriber Activation and Management System.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]The system requires your browser to be Internet Explorer version 5.5 or better. We have detected that you are not running Internet Explorer or that it is not at least version 5.5. Please try again with an appropriate version of Internet Explorer.[/SIZE]

Out of all the stuff posted in this thread, I don't remember seeing anything much referenced to the GI-920, which is what I have so at this point I'm kinda lost? I reconnected that coax to my 920 this morning and booted up. Right now I'm on X4-216 and I've got a DC lock light on and the time is correct now too. I also checked and I've got the DMX audio in the 900s. This receiver has had the C coax DISCONNECTED for over a month and the power has been turned OFF every night at bedtime. I've been using it only as a dish mover for my AZBox during that time. Some of these "hidden" menus that you guys are accessing aren't in my 920 or at least I'm not able to access them with those numbers posted for the 922s?

Ditto what Lone Gunman said.

I have a GI 920. I used WebSAMS to subscribe to SciFi channel, and all is well. However, I can't get a guide (if I hit the Guide button on the remote, it wants to go to G3.) The Options 6 7 7 8 sequence gets me to a Diagnostics screen that starts with "1. Manually Tune Frequency." I don't get to anything that lets me set the EMM.

I think all I need to do is get the receiver to look at the 4160 EMM stream and it's good to go.

It's all soooooo close.

Can anyone suggest what to do next?

::JACK

Ditto what Lone Gunman said.

I have a GI 920. I used WebSAMS to subscribe to SciFi channel, and all is well. However, I can't get a guide (if I hit the Guide button on the remote, it wants to go to G3.) The Options 6 7 7 8 sequence gets me to a Diagnostics screen that starts with "1. Manually Tune Frequency." I don't get to anything that lets me set the EMM.

I think all I need to do is get the receiver to look at the 4160 EMM stream and it's good to go.

It's all soooooo close.

Can anyone suggest what to do next?

If you look at the Diagnostics screen. Option 6-0-5. On the 4th line down, you will see something like:
0013001c00000000 FED4 0 1000 141 146 1

or

0013001c00000000 FED4 0 1040 141 146 1

If you see the number 1000 on that line, then your receiver is still using the 4096 EMM provider. That means that the Option 67780 option should be done again, and an "Activate" and "rehit" be sent from SRL.

If you see the number 1040 on that line, then you are using the 4160 EMM provider, and you should be receiving hits.

It's 1040, and we definitely get hits for subscriptions. SciFi popped right in as soon as I paid the WebSAMs page.

Is there anything more that I need to do to receive the guide?

Thanks.

You could call SRL and tell them your not getting the guide they should be able to rectify it.

Just tried to log in on websams with the username and password they gave me by clicking on the link they provided in the Email that was sent. Got the following message when I clicked that link.

[SIZE=+1]Thank you for your interest in the Subscriber Activation and Management System.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]The system requires your browser to be Internet Explorer version 5.5 or better. We have detected that you are not running Internet Explorer or that it is not at least version 5.5. Please try again with an appropriate version of Internet Explorer.[/SIZE]

That's what I get when using Linux Firefox on one computer while using the same version of Linux Firefox on another PC works fine. Don't know what the difference is except for different plugins (addons) for the 2 browsers.

That's what I get when using Linux Firefox on one computer while using the same version of Linux Firefox on another PC works fine. Don't know what the difference is except for different plugins (addons) for the 2 browsers.
I'm thinking it may be the plugins for the Firefox.
My Fedora 13 (Constantine) installation has Iced tea NPR plugin, NPAPI plugin wrapper 1.3.0, Shockwave Flash. Java, Javascript are enabled for Firefox in preferences.
Once again I was able to login to websams with no problems.

There's something goofy with the site. If I click on the link in the email a page comes up and tells me I'm using the wrong browser and can't log in, but if I go in through the SRL site and click on Sams it allows me to log in. Got a bug in the code the checks for the browser methinks.

All right... it's working! I tried selecting 216 and leaving it there for a really long time.

For anyone else who encounters this issue, the guide seems to download way, way slower than it did in years past. It was half an hour before there was anything even slightly guide-like, and about two hours before it was filled in with program information.

All we need now is for Discovery Channel to become available - preferably in the a la carte section - and life will be good.

Thanks to everyone who replied with help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts