Official 4DTV Conversion to W5/X4 services only infornmation post

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have you tried TitanTV.com? It allows you to make a custom guide. Not all channels there, probably not what your watching on T7.

I replied to this and the post got lost somehow. Titantv looks like what I was looking for, thanks much. You're right it doesn't have T7 (now called G23 or Echostar 9) the CRN talk radio channels here EchoStar 9/Galaxy 23 at 121.0°W - LyngSat hope the folks doing the autoscans for receivers don't forget that one.

I just tried logging into my websams account in Fedora 13 with Firefox as browser....it does indeed work.
Suggest looking at your browser settings.

Brex when I couldn't get in before I contacted SRL about it and at that time they said that Firefox/Linux wasn't supported. This was back last summer so things might have changed since then. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 now on two boxes and 9.04 on the other and love it.

And on another note, I see where the "non brick" method is not working and I refuse to brick my 920 so it's all moot point until a "fix" comes along for that.

LG, if you log in to websams today you'll find they've added some other buttons to the menu & categories under services have been changed too. A 'deactivate' & a 'activate' button were added next to 'rehit', etc. Category 'S' - subscription, was added with a 'D' for deactivated & 'A' for activated under current services. Business is resuming as usual for us now I believe because my 905 is now authorized for 4160 EMM & taking the guide too.:D
I did a 'authorization reset' ( options-6-7-7-8-5) to rid the memory of the 4096 EMM bits, then did an 'activate' for SKH2H_Starz, my current sub for that IRD. X4 had already been mapped in, set the channel to X4-216, 5 rehits were sent.
I did not lose my maps which makes me very happy. :cool::up

Last edited:
I have never posted before, so if I mess up forgive me. The above procedure works great!!! Please let people know! I have a DSR 905.
Highlight your package (websams) activate after 6-7-7-8-5 on your 905, rehit (wait a few minutes) and 4160 is on line. Thanks to all who have helped me in the past. I still have all my tiles. Thanks especially to brex2001, he found it .Let TRVOPRO know.....

Seem's to be the key to be tuned to Ch 216 on X4 do an authorization reset and take a hit. I will report to the sources.

The thing I was missing was after the authorization reset on the 905, you must reactivate your package on the websams. I have never noticed these buttons before , but they are right next to the rehit buttons. Then it will take a rehits and even the guide works great and I have all tiles in place. I see SRL's logo on the guide.

Anyone try it with a 922?

1) Go to X4 216
2) Do an Auth reset Options 67780
3) Then Hit the IRD

Feedback needed Thanks.

After you reset the EMM stay on that search screen, then go to websams
You must highlight your package on websams and do a activate package first, before you do the hits. It will not work unless you do that while your screen says something like searching for data stream provider. You leave it in that state while activating your package, then rehit it.

Anyone try it with a 922?

1) Go to X4 216
2) Do an Auth reset Options 67780
3) Then Hit the IRD

Feedback needed Thanks.

CONFIRMED ! My receiver is now on EMM provider 4160. All satellite tiles still working!

On Websams I did the option to Activate Service, and then sent a Rehit.

I did the following steps on my DSR-922:
1) Went to X4 216 (The STYLE channel was there and viewable)
2) Did an Auth Reset Opt 67780 (ended up on a hidden screen which included the Master Reset option at the bottom, did not see any reference to searching...)
3) Highlighted my package, Activated it, and then did a Rehit.
Style channel is no longer viewable so something happened. Sat tiles and schedule are still there. Schedule shows only a few X4 channels as it did before. Can't seem to watch any channels on X4 or W5. Don't get the subscription required screen. Don't here music on DMX 900 channels. My remote sometimes misses key strokes and sometimes gets double key strokes so I wondering if it missed the last 0 in the Opt 67780. Need help how to proceed?

Thanks Tim

I did the following steps on my DSR-922:
1) Went to X4 216 (The STYLE channel was there and viewable)
2) Did an Auth Reset Opt 67780 (ended up on a hidden screen which included the Master Reset option at the bottom, did not see any reference to searching...)
3) Highlighted my package, Activated it, and then did a Rehit.
Style channel is no longer viewable so something happened. Sat tiles and schedule are still there. Schedule shows only a few X4 channels as it did before. Can't seem to watch any channels on X4 or W5. Don't get the subscription required screen. Don't here music on DMX 900 channels. My remote sometimes misses key strokes and sometimes gets double key strokes so I wondering if it missed the last 0 in the Opt 67780. Need help how to proceed?

Thanks Tim

Hi Tim,

When I tuned to X4 216, I had audio and video. When I did the auth reset Option 67780, I immediately lost audio/video. That was the clue to me that the auth reset had worked. I then did option 67781 to view the EMM provider, which showed as 0. Then I did the Activate and Rehit on Websams. Option 67781 now shows EMM provider 4160.

I'm guessing that maybe the 0 didn't work when you did option 67780.

I did a second rehit, EMM provider still 0, trip counter still 57. Seems like I'm not getting hit? How long should I expect it to take? Note: My DC2 light on the front of receiver is on.

I did a second rehit, EMM provider still 0, trip counter still 57. Seems like I'm not getting hit? How long should I expect it to take? Note: My DC2 light on the front of receiver is on.

Did you try shutting down the receiver and restarting it again? Seemed to work for me.

Did you try shutting down the receiver and restarting it again? Seemed to work for me.

That is a good thing to note.

Earlier this morning, I pulled the power cord on my receiver and plugged it back in. My unit defaulted back to EMM Provider 4096 afterwards, but I was then able to do another Authorization reset (Option 67780) and it worked. Maybe pulling the power cord and plugging it back in is one of the steps that may have been important to note as to why I was successful.

Ok, I unplugged the receiver, plugged it back in, waited for warm-up, turned it on. X4 216 Style audio & video returned and as you suggested, it reverted to EMM 4096, Trip counter 0, and I lost the guide. Did a second Auth Reset 67780, lost audio/video, EMM 0, Trip 0. Did another activate/rehit. Nothing, no audio/video, EMM 0, Trip 0. When I try to bring up the guide is says guide is available on GO. When I cancel, I used to get the channel list with no info, now it exits. Still have sat maps. Any suggestions? Why does the trip counter not increment? Doesn't that mean I not getting hit?

No way I doing a auth reset yet, I'll loose my Discovery 3-Pak that is working.

Are y'all still able to get the FP and U channels after doing a auth reset?

More info: By mistake I reset my password on webSams thinking it was my login password! X4 216 Style audio/video returned, A message on the screen said my password had been reset, trip counter incremented from 0 to 1, EMM is now 4160. I did another activate/rehit. EMM 4160 and I have audio/video but the trip counter is still 1 and when I request guide is says available on G1 (by the way it was always G1 not G0 as I said above). I'm going to wait about 20 mins and see if the guide loads and if I have other channels. By the way sat maps are still intact. Any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts