General RSN Question

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
General RSN question. I notice that people who live in Indianapolis (46221) get four RSN's - Fox Sports Cincinnati, Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, Fox Sports Midwest, and Big Ten Network.

Does that mean that get all the professional teams as well with those networks, or are they still blacked out? For example, they obviously would have all the Indiana Pacer games, but would they also get all the Chicago Bulls games on Comcast SportsNet as well as Cavs games on Fox Sports Net? Or do they just receive the channels in their package, but the teams outside Indiana are still blacked out?

No, I get CSNBay and CSNCA in my area, The Bay Area of San Francisco. We get The Warriors and Giants on CSNBay and the Angels on CSNCA. We do not get the Sacramento Kings on CSNCA.

General RSN question. I notice that people who live in Indianapolis (46221) get four RSN's - Fox Sports Cincinnati, Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, Fox Sports Midwest, and Big Ten Network.

Does that mean that get all the professional teams as well with those networks, or are they still blacked out? For example, they obviously would have all the Indiana Pacer games, but would they also get all the Chicago Bulls games on Comcast SportsNet as well as Cavs games on Fox Sports Net? Or do they just receive the channels in their package, but the teams outside Indiana are still blacked out?

Because Indy has a b-ball team they trump (force blackout) of all NBA games on RSN's even if you get them as part of the basic pacakge.

I'm in the same boat. I get FSN North (Twins, Wild, Wolfies) and also FSN Wisco for Brewers only. Bucks games are blacked out

Now I know this is the Dish side of the board but since they don't have this option on the E* website like Directv does (actually tell you which teams you get), I'll post that part

In Indy you get as the RSN (s)

FSN Cincinnati
Reds

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago)
Cubs
White Sox

FSN Midwest (Ch. 671)
Indiana Pacers
St. Louis Blues

Big 10 Network

Just because you can get a number of rsn's does not mean the pro games aren't blacked out. I'm within the NY dma, I get MSG, MSG2 and SNY which carries the Islanders, Devils and Rangers. Only the Rangers are not blacked out for me. I can order the Multi-sports pack, which would allow me to see the Penguins, they are not blacked out here, but I need the pack to get the channel they are on.

If you have all the RSN's in the world, if you are outside a professional team's market area, you will have their games blacked out. If you are inside their market area, you should get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts