OTHER Generic receiver set-up

armadillo_115

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Virginia
On any brand of receiver: Is there a problem with hooking up a receiver to a tv ONLY. (No coax running to positioner or lnb)

I want to make a new satellite list, set lnb lo, delete factory transponders, add a few known good transponders, update, etc before the dish is installed. Of course I will not be saving positions or blind scanning until later.

By doing this, I can get the major (indoor) work done ahead of time. I don't believe I have asked this before, but if so,sorry.

I have the hole dug and the pole ready to weld. Just a matter of waiting for good weather and getting it done. I wanted to pour 'mud' before Thanksgiving but this windy/cold weather is making it iffy.

Thanks in advance

Sure! I have never seen one that will not let you do anything with out a signal.
I have seen some of the DISH receivers try that, but there are ways around that too.

Thanks KE4EST. :hatsoff2
I was mainly worried about the receiver trying to send power to an unconnected lnb ... and damaging the receiver.
If the receiver should be faulty... I'll know it wasn't due to my hooking it up that way. :thumbup

Oh no, there will be no damage with no load. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)