Genie 2 issues

krynn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
woodland hills ca
i am wondering if this is normal??? on my genie 2. when ever i pause live t.v. then hit the play button again sometimes the audio skips like a CD would or sometimes the audio just drops out all together. then once i hit the play pause button again it comes back normaly. this is a random thing.. anyone else having this issue??? if i need a new genie2 will they send a tech out or will they just ship me a box??? i am thinking maybe the HDD is starting to go back. but the picture is fine i know that a failing HDD would screw up the picture as well

i am wondering if this is normal??? on my genie 2. when ever i pause live t.v. then hit the play button again sometimes the audio skips like a CD would or sometimes the audio just drops out all together. then once i hit the play pause button again it comes back normaly. this is a random thing.. anyone else having this issue??? if i need a new genie2 will they send a tech out or will they just ship me a box??? i am thinking maybe the HDD is starting to go back. but the picture is fine i know that a failing HDD would screw up the picture as well
You must be talking about the Client (what model is it ?) ...

Is your Client wired, or wireless ...
Plug it in if it has a wired option and see if that helps.

You must be talking about the Client (what model is it ?) ...

Is your Client wired, or wireless ...
Plug it in if it has a wired option and see if that helps.
Sorry i took so long to get back here!!! i am talking about the client since the genie 2 is basicly just a server for the mini's... that's how i see it!!! ok the model number on the mini is C61K-700.. and i have my entire system hardwired so no wireless setup for me i am to cheap to pay for wireless :coco ;). and wireless just adds to more issues at times

Reactions: Jimbo
I occasionally get audio stuttering. When I do I hit the back button and it goes away. My guess is there is a buffering issue that it fixes.

I occasionally get audio stuttering. When I do I hit the back button and it goes away. My guess is there is a buffering issue that it fixes.
i also noticed that when i pause a show to go get an adult beverage that there's sound dropout's and or stuttering. i hit the play button again and it fixes it :what :rolleyes;). not the DTV i remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)