Genie and clients

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
Do the clients count as receivers on your account therefor costing 6$ for each client? I have 2 hr24's and 4 h25's and I am thinking of trading in 2 of the h25 for a genie and 2 clients.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

not sure of cost
but keep the h25's
replace 1 with a genie, that way no tuner in the genie will be needed for the client

Well I'd like to stay at 6 receivers total but add one tv in my garage so if the clients don't count as a receiver and dont cost 6 bucks each I could save myself some money

Client or receiver, leased or purchased. $6 per each after the 1st.

Also it takes a hr34 or hr44 to work the clients.

Just inquired with an online retailer and they tell me I can't add a genie as I am maxed out with my tuners on my splitter. Wondering what is the best way to go. Does the client have a line from the splitter? If not I guess I remove 2 H25's add the genie and a client giving me Genie (2 lines) 2 x Hr24 (4 lines) 2 x h25(2 lines) and the client for a total of 8 lines assuming the client does not require one ? I thought I read something about wireless client?

A swm lnb can handle eight tuners, any more than that you will need to go with a standard sl3/5 and a swm16 switch. The wireless clients are just now being installed. Your area probably doesn't have them yet.

A swm lnb can handle eight tuners, any more than that you will need to go with a standard sl3/5 and a swm16 switch. The wireless clients are just now being installed. Your area probably doesn't have them yet.

I'm a little confused. I have a swm system.. If I wanted to add the swm16 switch I would have to switch my dish to a standard sl3??. I have an hr44.. Doesn't that need a swm system to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused. I have a swm system.. If I wanted to add the swm16 switch I would have to switch my dish to a standard sl3??. I have an hr44.. Doesn't that need a swm system to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would need a standard LNB, with four cables to an SWM16 multiswitch (with its associated power inserter). The SWM16 can then handle 16 tuners (8 on each side) and is an SWM system just like the SWM LNB is in your existing dish.

ok, so if you've got a swm3 lnb with a 4 way splitter, can you hook a genie to that if there are already 2 H25's or does a guy need an 8 out splitter ?

an HR34 or HR44 only needs one output from the splitter, so for an SWM 3lnb dish with two H25s, a four way splitter is enough - one output for the first H25, one for the second H25, one for the HR34 or HR44 genie, and one for the power inserter.

IIRC - if the splitter is the multiswitch it should be an 8 port for 2x h25 and genie, they would require 7 tuners available, a 4 would not work

OK, this is getting really confused.

The splitter has NOTHING to do with the number of tuners. Each receiver needs only ONE connection to the splitter, however many tuners it has. An SWM system, either an SWM LNB or an SWM8 multiswitch, supports eight tuners, regardless of how they are connected. There is no SWM multiswitch that supports only four tuners, so a seven tuner system (Genie plus two H25s) will work on any SWM system

Do the clients count as receivers on your account therefor costing 6$ for each client? I have 2 hr24's and 4 h25's and I am thinking of trading in 2 of the h25 for a genie and 2 clients.

just recalled he has 8 tuners atm

Ok so final answer is that my genie ( all 5 tuners) will work with a 4 output splitter along with my 2 h25's ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)