Genie client (c31?) won't power back up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, the engineer liaison just left. He tried connecting the HR34 to the router, didn't work. He took a bunch of pictures and sent diagnostic logs. Took the cinema connection kit off, power worked.

So we agreed it would be fine to leave the cck off for the weekend, and he would call Monday morning with a new plan of attack.

Same thing here. He send the reports off to direct from the receiver using "SENDREPORT" option. We swapped switch\splitter and power supply. Direct removed and re-added my clients, re-configured everything. The case was shipped off to engineering.

Yeah, the engineer liaison just left. He tried connecting the HR34 to the router, didn't work. He took a bunch of pictures and sent diagnostic logs. Took the cinema connection kit off, power worked.

So we agreed it would be fine to leave the cck off for the weekend, and he would call Monday morning with a new plan of attack.

Did you hear anything new? I'm running out of ideas to try...

I was about to say we discovered that the other day CCK's will keep them from turning off sometimes.

The engineer liaison called me yesterday and said he had good news and bad news. The good news is the engineers agree that I have a problem. The bad news is they don't have any idea what is causing it. They're going to work on it and I should hear from him again in a few days. The other good news, I think, is they really have taken an active role in this, and it seems like the Oklahoma team will get some kind of credit for finding and fixing what appears to be a major bug.

For now, my CCK is still disconnected. I'm wondering if I opened up ports on my router instead of using the automatic option on the HR34 if that would change anything. That thought came to me last night, and I didn't have time to try it this morning, but I will.

The engineer liaison called me yesterday and said he had good news and bad news. The good news is the engineers agree that I have a problem. The bad news is they don't have any idea what is causing it. They're going to work on it and I should hear from him again in a few days. The other good news, I think, is they really have taken an active role in this, and it seems like the Oklahoma team will get some kind of credit for finding and fixing what appears to be a major bug.

For now, my CCK is still disconnected. I'm wondering if I opened up ports on my router instead of using the automatic option on the HR34 if that would change anything. That thought came to me last night, and I didn't have time to try it this morning, but I will.

Thanks for the update. My installer is working with Direct as well, I'll give him couple days before calling him back. I guess it is a waiting game for now as I did everything I can think off. THe strange thing is that is working for some and not for others...

This is interesting. The engineer liaison called and said the engineers said my Roku showed up on their error reports. It's also wired to my router. He wants to come back out and do all the testing again with nothing but the HR34 plugged into the router. I said that's fine as long as the engineers didn't just tell me I can only have the HR34 plugged in and nothing else, that's not going to cut it for me.

So we'll see.

This is interesting. The engineer liaison called and said the engineers said my Roku showed up on their error reports. It's also wired to my router. He wants to come back out and do all the testing again with nothing but the HR34 plugged into the router. I said that's fine as long as the engineers didn't just tell me I can only have the HR34 plugged in and nothing else, that's not going to cut it for me.

So we'll see.

I did that with two different routers, one I even reloaded firmware. Nothing attached but the HR34 to the router. Clients work fine (power off and on) for a minute or two till they register with the router and get an IP assigned. Once the IP is assigned once I power them off I can't power them back on. One thing I noticed is that while the IPs are assigned to them on the router and I can ping them from the PC if I check the status on the clients they show the IP of 169.x.x.x and not what the router is showing 192.x.x.x

Dumb question, but how can you tell whether they have IPs assigned? Does that happen during boot up, or at some point after the picture comes up and I can watch TV? I'd like to know so I can test that part while he's here and not disconnect everything and think it's working when it takes some time to break.

Just saw something interesting from my setup.

I have my home network setup with the 192.168.1.xx but the C31 is getting IP address 169.254.10.xx assigned. Looking more at the HR34 the 192.254.10.xx is the address for Link-Local. I wonder what your link local addresses are setup to? I found this under Network Setup - Advanced Setup.

What addresses are your clients coming in as when you see the issues?

If you want me to look at anything on a working setup please let me know as I might be one of the lucky ones that have not had any issues right now.

I think we figured it out. We unplugged everything from the router, re-installed the CCK so it was the only thing on the router. Power on worked. Added the PS3 to the router. Still worked. Added my HTPC to the router. Power no longer worked. It was then I realized I had torrent software running on my HTPC, so, thinking that might be causing an issue, I killed the program. Power worked. We added back all the wifi devices and it continued to work. So, we thought it was fixed. I told the guy I'd send a report later tonight, and see if I could figure out a configuration that allowed my torrent software to continue to run.

I restarted the torrent software and plugged the htpc back in to the router. Power worked. I switched the HTPC to wifi, power worked. I plugged the ethernet into my Airport (that sits behind my router, serving wifi to the house, as a bridge to my Uverse router), power worked. Basically, I couldn't get it to not work anymore.

The only thing I can think of is somehow the torrent software was not allowing the HR34 or the C31 to authenticate or was blocking the traffic. Turning it off seems to have allowed whatever needed to happen, and now it can run again. I have absolutely zero idea of why or how or what was happening, but I know that it's working now. I'll see if it still works in the morning.

I have my home network setup with the 192.168.1.xx but the C31 is getting IP address 169.254.10.xx assigned. Looking more at the HR34 the 192.254.10.xx is the address for Link-Local. I wonder what your link local addresses are setup to? I found this under Network Setup - Advanced Setup.

If you want me to look at anything on a working setup please let me know as I might be one of the lucky ones that have not had any issues right now.
My home network is also 192.168.1.xxx, the C31 under more info is showing 169.254.5.xx. The HR34 under advanced is showing 169.254.10.xxx for Link-Local and 192.168.1.xxx for server IP. Also, the C31 clients have 192.168.1.xxx assigned to them on the router but that info is not showing up on the clients.

How is your HR34 attached to the router? Do you have any other boxes besides HR34 and C31 clients in the mix? And the final question what is the firmware on the HR34 and the C31 clients?

Thanks.

The HR34 has a 169 link local and a 192.168 IP address. The C31 has an IP (DHCP) of 169, and IP (AutoIP) of 192.168.

Again, I really have no idea what is going on.

I think we figured it out. We unplugged everything from the router, re-installed the CCK so it was the only thing on the router. Power on worked. Added the PS3 to the router. Still worked. Added my HTPC to the router. Power no longer worked. It was then I realized I had torrent software running on my HTPC, so, thinking that might be causing an issue, I killed the program. Power worked. We added back all the wifi devices and it continued to work. So, we thought it was fixed. I told the guy I'd send a report later tonight, and see if I could figure out a configuration that allowed my torrent software to continue to run.

I restarted the torrent software and plugged the htpc back in to the router. Power worked. I switched the HTPC to wifi, power worked. I plugged the ethernet into my Airport (that sits behind my router, serving wifi to the house, as a bridge to my Uverse router), power worked. Basically, I couldn't get it to not work anymore.

The only thing I can think of is somehow the torrent software was not allowing the HR34 or the C31 to authenticate or was blocking the traffic. Turning it off seems to have allowed whatever needed to happen, and now it can run again. I have absolutely zero idea of why or how or what was happening, but I know that it's working now. I'll see if it still works in the morning.

Gad it is working for you. I had nothing attached but the laptop over wireless (no apps or torrents running) and still no go.

I guess I'll stop by the store on the way back today and pick up a new router, both my routers are about 3 years old...

For what it's worth, I'm plugging right into my Uverse router. That router serves the WAN port of my Airport Extreme, which only serves my wireless devices.

Well I think I have a winner, it's been about an hour and so far so good. I did get a new router but haven't used it yet. Instead I replaced Linksys firmware on my WRT320N with DD-WRT latest release and the issue went away after rebooting everything. After about 30 min I attached the second router acting as my wireless access point, Ooma Hub and couple switches with various equipment attached. If it still works tomorrow my buddy is getting case of beer for reminding me about the DD-WRT, I used it few times in a past but didn't have a need for it till now..... :) So I guess it will remain a mystery what the real issue was with the Linksys firmware on the router (I reloaded it once during testing). My MR34 is attached directly to the router using CAT 6. When I get a chance I'll test the wireless CK.

Glad it's finally working for you! I'm still curious to see what the engineers come back with as a reason for the problem in the first place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts