Genie Client C31

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rmorris003

Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
Canada
I currently have a H34 Genie receiver and would like to purchase a Client C31 receiver for another room and was wondering do I need any other equipment to have the C31 run properly, I currently only have a SWM 5 LNB and the H34 receiver with the green 4 port switch. I do not have my Genie connected to the internet but does it have be networked to use the C31.

Last edited:
I currently have a H34 Genie receiver and would like to purchase a Client C31 receiver for another room and was wondering do I need any other equipment to have the C31 run properly, I currently only have a SWM 5 LNB and the H34 receiver with the green 4 port switch. I do not have my Genie connected to the internet but does it have be networked to use the C31.

My understanding is you need to run a coax from the HR34 to the room you are placing the new GENIE and that the internet part would be done if you already have the internet hooked up to the HR34. In my case, the HR34 is the one hooked to the internet and I have one open port on a multiport switch sitting next to the HR34 and the installer told me if I wanted a genie in one more room, I'd just have to hook it up with coax from that open port to the other room and activate the genie.

I currently just have the swm from the dish straight to the genie and will hook up the 4 port switch to run the client and genie on 2 cables but wondering if i need to have the deca adapter to run the ethernet over the coax to the client before i go ahead and order the client.

Edit: Found answer on DirecTV forums, you can have ethernet connected to Genie and does not require the deca adapter or cck.

Thanks skysurfer.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)