Genie Equipment Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SoonerChris

Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
Oklahoma, United States
Because of extenuating circumstances I am unable to have D* come to my "house" to install Genie.

Am I correct in saying I would have to buy the equipment from, say, Amazon.com, instead of getting a free upgrade and having it shipped directly to me from D*?

Because of extenuating circumstances I am unable to have D* come to my "house" to install Genie.

Am I correct in saying I would have to buy the equipment from, say, Amazon.com, instead of getting a free upgrade and having it shipped directly to me from D*?
I'm fairly sure Directv no longer let's you Start new service without atleast one leased receiver from them.
Plus if you live in Canada you aren't aloud to have Directv period.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'm fairly sure Directv no longer let's you Start new service without atleast one leased receiver from them.
Plus if you live in Canada you aren't aloud to have Directv period.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Let me elaborate a little. I am a current customer with two whole home DVRs and two HD clients. I want to upgrade but because I "moved" after it was installed I can't have it installed by D*.

My questions is will D* ship the hardware or do they require a tech to install?

Reactions: Troch77
Let me elaborate a little. I am a current customer with two whole home DVRs and two HD clients. I want to upgrade but because I "moved" after it was installed I can't have it installed by D*.

My questions is will D* ship the hardware or do they require a tech to install?
That's better lol.
Most times if it's a new room addition, they will want to send out an installer.
But if you are upgrading, I've had them send me HR24s, H25s, but for some reason they wouldn't send a Genie or C41 in the mail.
They required me to have a Tech both times.

But you can definitely order from online and hook up what ever you want. But you'll have to pay the upfront lease fees.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

You will also need to replace the LNB, the new LNBs support 21 tuners so you will need to get one from solid signal. Get a reverse band LNB, to future proof your installation for 4K.

I want to upgrade but because I "moved" after it was installed I can't have it installed by D*.

Sure you can..."move" back to your real address, wait a day THEN call for your FREE upgrades.
OR, if you've been at your place for awhile & are NOT under contract, you could actually do the whole thing as a movers promo, & get an even better deal.
After you're upgraded, wait a day or two & move back...do a search on here for others that have done this - not rocket science.

Reactions: Jimbo
You will also need to replace the LNB, the new LNBs support 21 tuners so you will need to get one from solid signal. Get a reverse band LNB, to future proof your installation for 4K.

Why does the LNB need to be replaced? The HR54 only has five tuners, correct? So the SWM-13 would be fine, correct?

I don't have a 4k TV at this point so I'm not too concerned about the reverse band LNB.

Why does the LNB need to be replaced? The HR54 only has five tuners, correct? So the SWM-13 would be fine, correct?

I don't have a 4k TV at this point so I'm not too concerned about the reverse band LNB.
The LNB has to be replaced only if you Currently don't have a swm LNB or multiswitch.

The HR 34,44,54 and H25 are Swm only receivers.
And you'll need a swm splitter, if you'll have more then just the Genie.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Several friends/co-workers of mine who "moved" one county over did upgrades without "moving" back.
When the techs called before coming, they gave them the "correct" address, tipped the techs $20-$100, all ok.

Obviously this wouldn't work if you "moved" hundreds of miles away...

Status
Please reply by conversation.