Genie Feature Comparisons

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like single TV users are best to wait for the HR64 and hope it outputs 4K. I don't think I could ever get on board with paying double the fee for a single TV
You then will always waiting for the next.

As no sooner will all of 4K be completely compatibility, when 8K or hologram will make a debut.

Really, there two ways to buy -- to a schedule like every five years or when the damn thing breaks. Any other way will be frustrating.

As of now the only 4K equipment I currently own is a new AVR that does HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2 and I only got it because I wanted Atmos as I currently run a 5.2.4 system. I do want a UHD BD player, but that's really the only 4K item I'm interested in. I think my HR44 should do me for hopefully 5 more years.

I agree.....But really, talk about direct being behind??? Sounds a bit crazy the so called work around... "quick fix"?
Behind??? DIRECTV is the only major MVPD that has any content on 4K in the USA. Their current implementation is a stop gap between now and when (and if) 4K becomes main stream. DIRECTV learned from the 3D fiasco, pretty sure they dot want to do that again.

As of now the only 4K equipment I currently own is a new AVR that does HDMI 2.0/HDCP2.2 and I only got it because I wanted Atmos as I currently run a 5.2.4 system. I do want a UHD BD player, but that's really the only 4K item I'm interested in. I think my HR44 should do me for hopefully 5 more years.

And you are going to play your UHD BD player through your UHD capable AVR and to a non-UHD display for 5 years?

Yeah I certainly wouldn't say Directv is behind in really much anything.

Ok...not behind.....Just back asswords.....I will bet that the better part of people have there HR-34,44,54, in there main viewing room....I really doubt many have a Direct ready TV!

So it really is mind blowing you have a perfectly good STB that wouldnt be hooked up to your possibly your best tv? Insted you now will have another bo:mad:be it small) hooked up to that setup....Hence, paying more because they were behind on using a logical solution....Just a temp bandage and charge the customer more...

I sure wouldnt call that cutting edge?....

and dont even get me started at there sub par operating system, and guide!!! Dish has them beat by years!

Ok...not behind.....Just back asswords.....I will bet that the better part of people have there HR-34,44,54, in there main viewing room....I really doubt many have a Direct ready TV!

So it really is mind blowing you have a perfectly good STB that wouldnt be hooked up to your possibly your best tv? Insted you now will have another bo:mad:be it small) hooked up to that setup....Hence, paying more because they were behind on using a logical solution....Just a temp bandage and charge the customer more...

I sure wouldnt call that cutting edge?....

and dont even get me started at there sub par operating system, and guide!!! Dish has them beat by years!
Sure, just keep in mind that there are 0 liner channels currently. Only 4K PPVs. So this pretty much affects no one, except those that want to be affected. Rest assured that if 4K goes main stream there will be a more native solution.

I can honestly say that the large majority of 4k tvs I have seen in the field are samsung... those that are not.. the 61k is available. Just to clarify, there is no 64 yet, as Scott has posted. That was a typo. 64 may or may not be the next model number to a new ird.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sure, just keep in mind that there are 0 liner channels currently. Only 4K PPVs. So this pretty much affects no one, except those that want to be affected. Rest assured that if 4K goes main stream there will be a more native solution.
An even better reason to wait and get it right the first time.....

I will bet money that 4k will go mainstream, as it works far better format wise with 1080,and 720.....nothing like 3D or SD...

better increase the HD size in the next unit. how much 4k can you put on 1TB?

Thanks for sharing and explaining everything Scott appreciate it!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)