Genie features

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
So what is the monthly charge to have the Genie Box. I suppose to pay $10 for each of my 24's and $6 for each of my 20's so that is $32.00 a month for just using there boxes. And my bill went up this month. Did anyone else's go up?

bill.jpgbill002.jpg

Last edited:
The Genie requires you pay for mrv whether you use it or not. It's $25/month for hd, dvr, and mrv in one charge. If you have autopay, that may reduce your bill by $10/month, but only for a year. You don't pay $10 for each of your HR24s, it's $10/month for hd for the entire account, the same for the dvr fee. Each box, whether a receiver or dvr is $6/month except the first one which is free.

People pay for the extra pack?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not usually ...
Most that have the channels, play the 3 month game ...
Personally, I don't have the package, watched it a bit when it was new and in the same channel area as others, but now I rarely go up that high in the guide.

The Genie requires you pay for mrv whether you use it or not. It's $25/month for hd, dvr, and mrv in one charge. If you have autopay, that may reduce your bill by $10/month, but only for a year. You don't pay $10 for each of your HR24s, it's $10/month for hd for the entire account, the same for the dvr fee. Each box, whether a receiver or dvr is $6/month except the first one which is free.

So it's a flat $25.00 fee? I pay $6.00 a unit for the HR20-700's and I'm going to trade them in for a Genie so my bill will go up $13.00?

If you have a HD DVR already and HD service you should already be paying for those fees, so it should be only $5 more due to Whole Home DVR being added would be my guess.

So it's a flat $25.00 fee? I pay $6.00 a unit for the HR20-700's and I'm going to trade them in for a Genie so my bill will go up $13.00?

bill may not go up
did you have hd? mrv?

those fees are rolled into the genie
when i went from an hr24 and h24 to a genie and hr24 my bill did not change

Like I've said before I have 4 HD-DVR boxes 2- HR20-700's and 2- HR24-500's and I need to replace the 2 old boxes since they are dyeing and I have 2 in the living room I'll just stick the genie in there. And I have the Protection Plan.

Like I've said before I have 4 HD-DVR boxes 2- HR20-700's and 2- HR24-500's and I need to replace the 2 old boxes since they are dyeing and I have 2 in the living room I'll just stick the genie in there.

if your replacing 2 boxes you bill may go down
it just may change how its worded on the bill

You are already paying $10/month for dvr access on your account, and $10/month hd access. If you have mrv you are already paying for that. The $25/month fee rolls all of those into one fee.

Like I've said before I have 4 HD-DVR boxes 2- HR20-700's and 2- HR24-500's and I need to replace the 2 old boxes since they are dyeing and I have 2 in the living room I'll just stick the genie in there. And I have the Protection Plan.

The most your bill should go up would be 3-5 dollars for the MRV if you haven't already had it ...
You already were paying for the HD and the DVR fees.

Sorry Chip,
Posted before I got to your post . :(

So is the HR 34 that bad that I really should make sure I get the HR-44 instead? I know i'll have to ask the tech which DVR he has with him when I get a phone call. I may not sign up for a few more months yet.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Genies require a swm system which uses one cable to the Genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)