Genie Go - real info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I am interested in some of the capabilities and experiences of anyone who has a GenieGo. I basically want to be able to watch DVR content on a computer in a Directv-less room of the house and possibly on a phone every now and then. This devices seems to be able to do those things, but I seem to recall people not liking it when it first came out. Is it still buggy or is it now more reliable?

Its still buggy, especially streaming without transcoding first. I don't use mine much except when planning a trip by air or train and I'll load some shows on a hone or tablet.

For PC in the home use Directv2PC if your computer supports it. Also consider a sling box. If it were me doing it over again I wouldn't buy the genie go.

Get a sling box and a chromecast if you want to "sling" directv to another tv in your house from that box.

If your mostly going to be watching in the home, I think a Slingbox would be a better option as suggested above. The picture quality is much greater on the Slingbox especially on your own network. SlingPlayer on the Chromecast and Roku devices work great only thing is you do have to use the mobile SlingPlayer app (iOS or Android) for control functions (channel change, fast forward, 30 sec skip, rewind, etc). The SlingPlayer app does cost a one time fee of $15 for each mobile device(s), but no cost on the Roku/Chromecast.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts