This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Genie Mini - Flickering Picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

averagejoe78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
NC
A tech installed 2 brand new wired minis last weekend. The one I am using in my bedroom will have the picture flicker for a couple of seconds once every 20-30 minutes. This doesn't occur on my HR44 in the living room and it never occurred when I was using a H25 in my bedroom. Is this a common problem with the mini units?

I'm not sure flicker is the right word. It sort of judders for a couple of seconds and then it plays normal again. This is on random channels. Happened on my local NBC, ESPN, and HGTV the last few days.

do you have a spare HDMI cable laying around? try swapping it out and (if possible) using a different HDMI port on the TV. if that doesnt fix it could just be a bad mini.

Swap the two minis and see if the problem stays in the room or moves with the mini

Reactions: AZ.
The Genie minis are complete garbage. Can't believe DirecTV is selling us this crap. Takes forever to change channels, sometimes the sound and picture randomly freezes for a few seconds, and causes my tv to flicker and go black for a few seconds when switching to a channel which uses a different resolution. None of these issues appear on the Genie, just the minis.

They are sending a tech out Saturday. I'm not sure what is supposed to be accomplished. From my reading online, the consensus is the issue is software related which means it could be a long wait for a fix. Can I just call DTV and tell them to send me 2 regular HD boxes in exchange for these minis?

Would a faulty coaxial cable possibly cause this flickering? The only thing I can think of, if it isn't software, is the actual coaxial line from the outside to my bedroom needs replacing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.