Genie Mini - Flickering Picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

averagejoe78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
NC
A tech installed 2 brand new wired minis last weekend. The one I am using in my bedroom will have the picture flicker for a couple of seconds once every 20-30 minutes. This doesn't occur on my HR44 in the living room and it never occurred when I was using a H25 in my bedroom. Is this a common problem with the mini units?

I'm not sure flicker is the right word. It sort of judders for a couple of seconds and then it plays normal again. This is on random channels. Happened on my local NBC, ESPN, and HGTV the last few days.

do you have a spare HDMI cable laying around? try swapping it out and (if possible) using a different HDMI port on the TV. if that doesnt fix it could just be a bad mini.

Swap the two minis and see if the problem stays in the room or moves with the mini

Reactions: AZ.
The Genie minis are complete garbage. Can't believe DirecTV is selling us this crap. Takes forever to change channels, sometimes the sound and picture randomly freezes for a few seconds, and causes my tv to flicker and go black for a few seconds when switching to a channel which uses a different resolution. None of these issues appear on the Genie, just the minis.

They are sending a tech out Saturday. I'm not sure what is supposed to be accomplished. From my reading online, the consensus is the issue is software related which means it could be a long wait for a fix. Can I just call DTV and tell them to send me 2 regular HD boxes in exchange for these minis?

Would a faulty coaxial cable possibly cause this flickering? The only thing I can think of, if it isn't software, is the actual coaxial line from the outside to my bedroom needs replacing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)