Genie plus HR24

up north

Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
Thinking of getting Direct. It seems as though as a new customer I would be getting a Genie receiver. I would also want a second stand-alone HD-DVR such as the HR24, which according to Solid Signal they are the only authorized dealer to sell (actually lease) Directv receivers. Is such a scenario possible? If so, would the 2nd HD receiver simply cost me an extra $7/month?

p.s. I have access to a 2nd slimline dish besides the new one the installer would provide.

Thinking of getting Direct. It seems as though as a new customer I would be getting a Genie receiver. I would also want a second stand-alone HD-DVR such as the HR24, which according to Solid Signal they are the only authorized dealer to sell (actually lease) Directv receivers. Is such a scenario possible? If so, would the 2nd HD receiver simply cost me an extra $7/month?

p.s. I have access to a 2nd slimline dish besides the new one the installer would provide.
Have you contacted Directv and inquired yet ?
It may be cheaper.

Yes this scenario IS possible, from either ....

The HR24 needs a 2nd dish ?
Directv would probably want you to go with a client for the 2nd, just tell them you need a stand alone ... see what they do ...

Have you contacted Directv and inquired yet ?
It may be cheaper.

Yes this scenario IS possible, from either ....

The HR24 needs a 2nd dish ?
Directv would probably want you to go with a client for the 2nd, just tell them you need a stand alone ... see what they do ...
You can’t get a regular DVR from Directv anymore. It’s only a Genie and clients

You can’t get a regular DVR from Directv anymore. It’s only a Genie and clients
NOT True.
They Want you to get a Genie and Client.

When I need my next HR24 replaced, i told them last time that I couldnt use a Client as I need a Stand Alone for tailgating and camping.
They will give me another one even though they are ancient now.

NOT True.

When I need my next HR24 replaced, i told them last time that I couldnt use a Client as I need a Stand Alone for tailgating and camping.
Very true. The last few reports on the other site people can only get a client for a failed HR24. They won’t issue a 24 anymore

Very true. The last few reports on the other site people can only get a client for a failed HR24. They won’t issue a 24 anymore

I guess we'll see when I decide I need a replacement, I have 2 hr24s still and seeing they won't be adding any receivers ....

I'm wondering if it matters if your on an Att account or a Directv account ... it did previously.

If they refuse, they could be losing a 18 year account .... IF I can get my 80+ yr old parent to learn a new system.

I guess we'll see when I decide I need a replacement, I have 2 hr24s still and seeing they won't be adding any receivers ....

I'm wondering if it matters if your on an Att account or a Directv account ... it did previously.

If they refuse, they could be losing a 18 year account .... IF I can get my 80+ yr old parent to learn a new system.
They could care less if you have been a 2 week account or a 40 year account Based on feedback account type doesn’t matter. The only place to get them is solid signal till they run out

I disagree, in the past two weeks, I had a hr23 replaced by a D* tech. He placed a refurbished HR24 in it’s place.

I will agree that the off shore service center did everything they could to “upgrade” me into a client. It took the tech to straighten out the work order.

NOT True.

I would use a H24 for tailgating and non-RV camping because of the 15 minute boot up time of the HR24.

I would use a H24 for tailgating and non-RV camping because of the 15 minute boot up time of the HR24.
I wouldn’t exactly say 15 minutes. That’s the boot time for a failing HR24 hard drive.
More like 5-7 minutes. Receiver self-check is 3 minutes and checking satellite settings part 1 of 2 is 2-5 minutes.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts