Genie problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cband

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Prescott,AZ
Is anyone out there having issues with their Genie? In particular when we pause a recording and then resume it gets pixelized and freezes on the picture and the sound does not come on for appox. 8 secs. The picture quality seems to be degraded and colors not as sharp. Any info would be appreciated!

Jeff

Is anyone out there having issues with their Genie? In particular when we pause a recording and then resume it gets pixelized and freezes on the picture and the sound does not come on for appox. 8 secs. The picture quality seems to be degraded and colors not as sharp. Any info would be appreciated!

Jeff

See if a double red button reset helps.

Jeff

no

I just did a hard reboot. We still have the 24 hooked up (to another input) and we are doing a test with that to see if it duplicates the Genie. So far it has not. When the wifes done we will hook the Genie back up and see what happens. The Genie has done this since day one. Just wanted to ask around.

Jeff

you may also want to see if you have the current software version on your genie also

I am having the exact same problem. It's done it since day one. No amount of red button resets resolves the issue. Also have an issue where the receiver seems to just drop the video repeatedly. Change the channel, and it stops. Also, don't get me started on my C31 clients. They lock up all the time. I really need to call Direct. It's only 2 months old.

Tech guy is coming on Wed. to test the receiver. We soft booted, hard booted and came up short of just booting the receiver out the door! :)
We hooked up the 24 receiver (unplugged the Genie cable and all) and none of the issues that the Genie is having happened on the 24.

Jeff

We upgraded to a Genie and Client last month and I've seen several annoying problems with it. I've let it go hoping it would settle down but tonight I've decided to give tech support a call. Since having it we've had problems with it not recording correctly, picture breaking up like the encoding was breaking down which I attribute to a faulty turner, while watching a recording it will suddenly fast forwards on it's own, then at times when manually trying to fast forward it will suddenly jump way back into the program instead of stopping at the forward point I was trying to go to and then this afternoon I set a program on TNT channel to record and when I went back later to watch it what I found listed instead was the correct movie but listed it as an on demand movie from channel wanting me to pay for it on channel 1100 cinema. I really thought this would have been a great upgrade.

Mike

The only problem I have is when I pause live tv, it takes 5 - 10 seconds for the audio to return. The installer said he hasn't seen a Genie that hasn't done that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've had the Genie (HR34) since December 2011. Some problems I've experienced are on demand issues and recording issues. Some recordings don't happen or when set to new programs only it records more but I realize this is due to information provided by the channel operator.

I keep getting Internet connection issue when downloading on demand content which is really annoying.

I replaced two ageing Hughes Tivo units with the HR34 and an HR24 in June 2011. Only problems are occasional slow response to FF, RW and pause operations. Whole-home works great and the few times I've used ON-Demand were OK. I've never had to use the red button, but they do get "unplugged" every few weeks, as we're traveling in an RV. We hated to give up the Tivo's, but are very happy what we have now, especially the HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts