Genie question- lost features vs DISH DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've been back and forth even lately, DVR Hopper3 is superior but PQ isn't as good but its not that big of a difference.
The issue I have is the endless contract disputes, I'll most likely never go back to Dish unless its free for a year or something like that. I just can't stand the way they do business. When I was younger I excepted crap like that but as I've aged my tolerance level has lowered and I even take it personally because I know it doesn't benefit me. I doesn't matter what fan boys say or anyone else its about making Dish money at my expense. (Period).....

You don't ,but my Guess you pay $23
or $25 for your Advanced receiver fee.
$10 HD, $10 DVR, $3-5 MRV Fee depending on your sign up date.
A new customer would pay $15 Advanced receiver fee, and a $7 first room fee.
$22.

You pay more .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I don't pay a first room fee, $23, $25, or $15. I pay $13 in extra fees (DVR, MRV) and a small RSN fee. I have the HD Free for life promo. Dish carries has Pac12 Network. That's their only advantage. I like auto tune and adding more time shown on the guide - but those things don't make the programming itself more enjoyable with 1440x1080i...

Watching Dish fanboys pretend that Dish has "close enough" HD is hilarious. Like literally LOL quality. You can tell when someone has Dish at their house before you see any interface or receiver.

I don't pay a first room fee, $23, $25, or $15. I pay $13 in extra fees (DVR, MRV) and a small RSN fee. I have the HD Free for life promo. Dish carries has Pac12 Network. That's their only advantage.

Watching Dish fanboys pretend that Dish has "close enough" HD is hilarious.

You must be easily amused, then. Whatever floats your boat.

Well, he has lots of time for that, he's still waiting for his Genie to change the channel... :)

The HR44 is a fast receiver. If you're judging from the HR34, then you got Directv's bad egg. I used to be a Dish fanboy way back - before HD, before locals on satellite - but their dropping many RSNs and the overall constant disputes made me switch. Yes, I know all providers have disputes. I just had one with Directv and 2 of my locals. But Dish did, too.

I had an HR44 last time I was with Direct. Started out very fast, a couple of 'upgrades' from the D* programmers and things slowed down considerably. Compared to the Hopper W/Sling and the Hopper 3, it is slow.

Reactions: bobvick
I switched from dish a month ago to directv. Honestly I liked the features of the hopper system, but I was just sick of the crappy picture quality. Arguing that PQ isn't worth paying more for doesn't make sense to me, although I'm paying less now than I was with dish. I would happily pay a little more per month for something I watch every day that looked better.

No my Genie system doesn't have primetime anytime, 16 tuners, or whatever other feature you want to throw out there. But it records any show I want to watch, performs very well to my liking, and I get to watch great looking programming including live 4K content.

I'm completely happy being a directv sub and have zero regrets about switching.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: ejb1980 and Ronnie-
Well, he has lots of time for that, he's still waiting for his Genie to change the channel... :)

The Tivo Roamio I am switching from changes channels way faster than either Dish or DirecTV, if that is what really matters to you. My HR54 changes channels plenty fast though, as I am sure the Hopper3 does.

I don't know how fast the Roamio I have switches channels as I only use it for some streaming services. Best memory was it was fairly quick, though I think it was slower than my Hopper 3, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know how fast the Roamio I have switches channels as I only use it for some streaming services. Best memory was it was fairly quick, though I think it was slower than my Hopper 3, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is OTA only, so it is very fast. If it is doing QAM or SDV tuning, it could take longer. HDPQ is also superior on OTA to both Dish and DirecTV, but content options are limited, so here I am.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts