Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
A friend of mine is look at getting a Genie system with clients (New customer) he has asking me a few questions but I can't answer them since I don't have clients.

1) how many clients can you hook up to a genie?

2) Can you pick which client can use the open tuners if an example you are recording two or more shows.

3) Can you watch a live show at the main genie location if you're recording a show and other clients are using live tv?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A friend of mine is look at getting a Genie system with clients (New customer) he has asking me a few questions but I can't answer them since I don't have clients.

1) how many clients can you hook up to a genie?

2) Can you pick which client can use the open tuners if an example you are recording two or more shows.

3) Can you watch a live show at the main genie location if you're recording a show and other clients are using live tv?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

1) 8 but only 3 can be used at the same time

2) wish this was a yes but no, not at this time. But if you shut one of the clients off it'll free up the tuner to go to another client/recording

3) yes. The genie always keeps 2 tuners for itself (its selfish) :)

2) wish this was a yes but no, not at this time. But if you shut one of the clients off it'll free up the tuner to go to another client/recording

Let me ask it this way so if I'm recording two shows, and I'm only using one client does it matter which room it is? Will that one client get live tv?

Basically you can record 4 shows before you lose live tv at the mainGenie location?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Let me ask it this way so if I'm recording two shows, and I'm only using one client does it matter which room it is? Will that one client get live tv?

Basically you can record 4 shows before you lose live tv at the mainGenie location?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes you're right. The clients lose their "tuners" first but the main genie will always have live tv until you're recording 5 things at once.

the Genie has 5 tuners so it doesnt matter as long as you're not maxing out all the tuners

I think the Genie overrides the clients

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts