Genie2 in rv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do I need a swm switch or splitter for genie2 system? I’m just trying to mimic my home unit in my rv. I have already upgraded the lnb and have tripod for manual aiming. My wife reluctantly switched us from dish at home which is a lot more RV friendly. Thank you fir the assistance!!

If your dish is a SWM dish then all you will need is a power inserter in the RV (21 volt power inserter P121). If it is not a SWM dish then you will need power inserter, splitter and a DirecTV SWM 8 channel single wire multiswitch (SWM-8-NoPower)

If your dish is a SWM dish then all you will need is a power inserter in the RV (21 volt power inserter P121). If it is not a SWM dish then you will need power inserter, splitter and a DirecTV SWM 8 channel single wire multiswitch (SWM-8-NoPower)
The HS17 has a power inserter built in, no need to add one.

Update:
Well unfortunately we camped around tons of trees so I wasn’t able to tune in. I do have another question for you all.

I was trying to use a cheap satellite meter finder (eagle aspen SF-99) to be dial in the signal. As soon as I plug the coax from receiver into the meter, I get a constant tone and does not change. Is there interference happening from being too close to the dish? Anyone used one of these?

Update:
Well unfortunately we camped around tons of trees so I wasn’t able to tune in. I do have another question for you all.

I was trying to use a cheap satellite meter finder (eagle aspen SF-99) to be dial in the signal. As soon as I plug the coax from receiver into the meter, I get a constant tone and does not change. Is there interference happening from being too close to the dish? Anyone used one of these?
Your probably hitting a Sat (there are MANY up there other than the ones were using for D*) just the wrong ones.
Those meters will pick up All Sats ....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)