GenieGo App not streaming in HD but SD works fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigdanjr

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
I'm trying to figure out if the GenieGo App doesn't support HD anymore?
I can stream SD content from my DVR fine but not HD content. I get vertical green bars on playback on any device cellphone or PC. I can stream live HD content from direct tv guide fine on either device so I don't think it is a device problem. Could there be a hardware problem with the GenieGo device. I had the device since 4/2015 and it was working fine. Thanks for any replies in advance.

I'm not entirely sure... it could be a hardware problem in either transcoding the content.. or even decoding the content. Have you tried different devices? I'm going to assume your isp is providing sufficient upload bandwidth correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm not entirely sure... it could be a hardware problem in either transcoding the content.. or even decoding the content. Have you tried different devices? I'm going to assume your isp is providing sufficient upload bandwidth correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I have tried two laptops, my Samsung S5 phone and my Samsung Tablet. I have Cablevision as my ISP with 100MB/35MB speed. I'm testing from my home network also on my LinkSys 1900AC router. All can stream live HD content fine from the web it just when I try to use the GenieGo App the HD content isn't streaming correctly. I tested HGTV channel in SD recording it, then going to GenieGo app. The SD content streams fine. I know the GenieGo gets hot so I thought maybe some hardware problem with it. It was working in the beginning that is why I was thinking it might be hardware. I think they did release a newer version of the GenieGo App so I reinstalled it but it still does the same thing on all devices. I have the protection plan so I think I might just ask them to send me a replacement. Thanks for the reply

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts