GenieGo Streaming Coming Tomorrow

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been holding out on the Nomad until they got this feature. Looks like ill be giving *D 99$ tonight.

Remember it only streams recorded shows, not live shows. But I guess there is nothing from stopping you from recording a live show and watching it as its recording. :D

Had a call with Directv a couple nights ago and got a few basics on the new updates coming tomorrow. Should work well and is very similar to a slingbox type streaming, but with the DVR Playlist interface, simply click the show and watch.

* Min bandwidth (home upload) is around 700k, ideal bandwith is around 1.2M, so having a huge upload may not be a big impact.

* Can stream "live" as it records, but you have to set it to record first (use the regular Directv app)

* Router setup should be automatic for most routers (over 90% they said). Others may need port forwarding setup. Directions on the genie go page of directv web site.

* Limit of 5 devices remains. Also, GenieGo can download to three devices at once in home (I didn't realize that)

* Limit of 1 out-of-home stream at a time

The big ones:
* WIFI only for streaming to start, they hope to add 3G/4G capability later

* iPhone app only to start, Android app and iPad app expected this fall (of course you can use the iphone app on an ipad as you do today, but they are working on a dedicated version).

Hope my notes are accurate, I was driving at the time so they are 100% from memory, thus I may be slightly off. Either way, we'll know tomorrow. :)

I have been holding out on the Nomad until they got this feature. Looks like ill be giving *D 99$ tonight.

I have had the nomad since Father's Day.
Help line is clueless to help me enable my router
For streaming.
Plus they can't seem to address that the nomad only sees one of my Dvrs.

Still holding onto unit but less then impressed.
No contest sling in a different class.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)