Geosat Dish Span Measurement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

diyguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Lexington KY
I'm contemplating buying the motorized package deal from SatelliteAV but I need to know the measurement between the post and the end of the LNB arm to be sure it will fit in my tight space. I've tried to calculate it but it's hard to do without product in hand. If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

This measurement will be varied depending on the angle of the motor and the dish for a given latitude. At latitude 45, the measurement including the U-bolts is 54 inches.

My latitude is 38 and longitude is 85. So what would the measurement be if it's pointed due south? Thanks for your help!

OK I have 50 inches from center of pole to chain link fence that's 4 feet high. If I make my pole 5 feet high then the angled LNB arm should clear the top of the fence with ease. I hope.

Pointing at 72° W would put the LNB closest to the fence but as the dish moved west the LNB would move away from the fence. So I think it'll make it.

Trees are preventing me from choosing an optimal location and the same will prevent me from getting 123° W and 129° W. :(

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)