Geosat HDVR 3500 came in today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
one thing I did notice, my pansat 9200 is locking channels the 3500 will not at lower levels. Also it loses channels and satellites scanned in if I power it down and back up.

should I be backing up my data some way?

Truckracer, please do factory reset and when receiver comes up, in the step 2 of 2 of the initial setup select BLUE button to save your settings. This creates local user database. Then exit. This will keep all your settings and channels from then on.

It looks like the settings were not saved in the initial setup.

What external drive is suitable for recording? Is there any specific models you guys are having good results with?

Doesn't seem to be picky. I have connected 8 external powered drives between 200gb and 2tb, formatted both FAT and NTFS. All worked fine.

Stay away from USB thumb drives as they usually have limited buffers and choke on high sustained throughput.

I have the opposite experience with tuner sensitivity. The only production device that I have that locks lower SNR is the TBS 6983 PCIe card.

I just noticed on my particular setup, 10' Sami with Norsat 8515 on a corotor that the panda was locking some weaker tp's on 117w where the HDVR did not even with the manual scan feature inputting the frequency and S/R rates.

But on the other hand I am seeing signals my panda never received on other sats....strange. I do like this receiver. It runs cooler than the pansat which has always been a problem over heating.

Is it possible to backup transponder and channel data from one Hdvr3500 and transfer it via thumb drive to another hdvr3500?

Got mine today too. Time to go play!
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1437752973.157263.jpg

Good...if so then I will buy another one for my other system

To Save Service Data to Back-up USB:
Menu >>> Manager >>> Data Transfer >>> Transfer Service Data to USB Storage >>> Select drive >>> Press OK

To Load Service Data from Back-up USB:
Menu >>> Manager >>> Data Transfer >>> Data Download from USB Storage >>> Select drive >>> Press OK

The Save and Load processes took about 20 seconds each.

Reactions: dougruss
One thing I noticed scanning the arc. TBN on G14 c band will not scan in. Everything else does.
The Pansat scans it in with 80+ % quality.

Scans in fine here and noticed they added a new TBN channel in the mix that I hadn't seen before.

To get a fresh scan, I delete preprogrammed TPs before the blind scan. Maybe delete the transponders and rescan?

Is it just me or is the HD video quality a lot better then other boxes? The PQ has been amazing.

I do need to update my firmware still, hopefully the version of XBMC is better. :)

Reactions: dougruss
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)