Geosat HDVR 3500 came in today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
To Save Service Data to Back-up USB:
Menu >>> Manager >>> Data Transfer >>> Transfer Service Data to USB Storage >>> Select drive >>> Press OK

To Load Service Data from Back-up USB:
Menu >>> Manager >>> Data Transfer >>> Data Download from USB Storage >>> Select drive >>> Press OK

The Save and Load processes took about 20 seconds each.

What all is included in the Service Data that you save? I have a GEOSATpro HDVR3500 along with an ASC1 positioner using the diseqc 1.2 for motor positioning. Does the Service data save all of the satellites and the channels list? Does it save the satellite position settings? Just curious what all is saved in case of a need to upgrade the units firmware and to restore the satellites, channels, positions, etc. Sure would hate to have to do it all manually from square one.

Dish movement with the GEOSATpro HDVR3500 remote.
I have an ASC1 posisioner from Titanium. While searching for and setting up satellites I have tried to bump the dish with the GEOSATpro remote using both the step mode and the continuous mode for dish movement but I cannot bump/step the dish with either selection. The dish takes off continuous using both modes. Am I doing something wrong? My version of firmware is July 10, version 0x20. I am able to setup and tweak my positions using the ASC1 remote but it would save the need to use 2 remotes if the dish step mode would not always take off continuously.
Thanks,
Gary

I have an ASC1 posisioner from Titanium. While searching for and setting up satellites I have tried to bump the dish with the GEOSATpro remote using both the step mode and the continuous mode for dish movement but I cannot bump/step the dish with either selection. The dish takes off continuous using both modes. Am I doing something wrong? My version of firmware is July 10, version 0x20. I am able to setup and tweak my positions using the ASC1 remote but it would save the need to use 2 remotes if the dish step mode would not always take off continuously.
Thanks,
Gary

My Version "CORRECTION"... is version 898 and not 0x20 as reported in my initial posting.

What all is included in the Service Data that you save?

The back-up saves the satellite list, LNB LO, switch assignments, transponder list, channel list. I did notice that I needed to enter my location longitude and latitude after loading the back-up for USALS to calculate. The Longitude and Latitude entries were default "0" after restoring form a back-up. This is typical and I almost expected it! :D

There is a new firmware supposed to be released very soon that allows the user to assign DiSEqC 1.2 motor position numbers. :)

Reactions: rodder
I have an ASC1 posisioner from Titanium. While searching for and setting up satellites I have tried to bump the dish with the GEOSATpro remote using both the step mode and the continuous mode for dish movement but I cannot bump/step the dish with either selection. The dish takes off continuous using both modes. Am I doing something wrong?

On the test bench the HDVR3500 and the ASC1 work seamlessly together. Able to use the HDVR3500 to move east/west in step and continuous modes and save.

Step mode on the HDVR3500 steps one count each press of the right/left (east/west) navigation keys on the remote. The continuous move mode moves in the direction selected on the right/left (east/west) navigation keys on the remote until the OK key stops the movement. The Save function also works well.

I have the receiver and ASC1 working together fine too. In fact, it works better than the Micro HD does, which sometimes appears to send step commands but the ASC1 never moves.

The only problem I had was that the HDVR3500 rewrote my ASC1 memory positions, using its own satellite numbers and erasing all the satellite names. I had to go through and set the MicroHD satellite numbers to match the new ones from the HDVR3500 to get both receivers working on the same system.

In continuous mode, it is meant to take off when you click the button. Then you press OK to make it stop. That's different from the MicroHD, which required a constant button press. For the step mode, again I just press the button once to make it step once. No need to click OK in this mode because it stops after one step.

Reactions: Titanium
On the test bench the HDVR3500 and the ASC1 work seamlessly together. Able to use the HDVR3500 to move east/west in step and continuous modes and save.

Step mode on the HDVR3500 steps one count each press of the right/left (east/west) navigation keys on the remote. The continuous move mode moves in the direction selected on the right/left (east/west) navigation keys on the remote until the OK key stops the movement. The Save function also works well.

Thanks for the replies. I guess my receiver and the ASC1 are not shaking hands. Definitely not working seamlessly on my setup. When I am in the HDVR3500 Settings screen and when I am on Step Move and it shows Stop in the right column I push the east or west button just a quick push and release then the HDVR3500 shows the direction (east or west) for about a second and returns to Stop but the ASC1 does not stop it keeps moving continuous even though the HDVR3500 displays Stop.

HD quality on this box is amazing. It locks on fast. Only weird thing is it misses some tp's my pansat 9200 scans in..

Well maybe....I have one of those automatic polarity controllers from Rick's website. It usually works great to allow my 13/18v to move the feed horn servo on the corotor. I had some corroded wires, fixed those. Changed polarity Controller etc. Checked everything. It seems for some reason the hdvr3500 is not making the polarity controller switch. I can flip the "invert" switch on the apc and rescan. My missing channels appear.

I need to put a volt meter on the output of the hdvr3500 and see if it is switch voltage.

May have to put an lnbf on the dish if it does not have enough milli amps to switch the controller.

It seems only the vertical tp's are scanning in and being repeated because the receiver does not know the feed horn polarity is not changing. Maybe it is not stepping up to 18v?

Polarity control is not a two-way communication. No STB knows if a servo has actually changed polarity. It is simply a 13/18Vdc voltage change and it expects the function occurred. What is the STB LNB IN voltage measured on Vertical and Horizontal TPs?

I see that the product in Rick's store shows a power inserter / power supply for providing the correct fixed 18Vdc to the LNB at all times. The description indicates that it may be necessary for some applications. Do you have this connected? LNBs have poor performance and will have a higher current draw when powered off of 13Vdc. Maybe the servo/LNB is powering up only when the STB is on 18Vdc and not on 13Vdc? The servo is 5Vdc, so it should power and move with either 13 or 18Vdc. If the servo controller is set to normal mode (not reversed) do horizontal polarity transponders scan in as horizontal or vertical?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)