GEOSATpro Geosat pro 1200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zoe1

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
Need help in getting cozi tv on Amc-1 KU band. I cannot lock onto it. I can get Dod on SES1 @ 101 - this is a very strong bird. As I move the dish away to get Amc1..it just doesn't find it. I'm using a CM 1007 IFD to peak the signal. I have the same issue with trying to lock onto Eutelsat 113...Anik F2 at 111 is very strong. Is Reuters really available on 113? I have been trying to get these bird with the Geosat 90cm offset dish. On AMC 21, I get the Claro TV transponders but NONE of the PBS....what am I doing wrong? Or these channels are no longer on these sats? Trying all KU no C-band yet. Thanks...

What LNBF are you using? Is it skewed?

Cozi on 103w KU is not easy to lock on depending on where you are located, and if you are using a dish smaller than 1.2 meter. This is also a sat where you must skew your lnb 22 degrees off normal to get Cozi due to the way the sat was setup originally. Most of us have a dedicated dish peaked special JUST for 103w ku band.

Those are my three weakest signals also. Eutelsat 113's foot print excludes Canada and I am near the border just outside the footprint. PBS mux has always been a challenge for folks. I use a 10' C-Band dish for Ku and I have a dedicated 1m for 103W Ku because of the skew issue.

Cozi on 103w KU is not easy to lock on depending on where you are located, and if you are using a dish smaller than 1.2 meter. This is also a sat where you must skew your lnb 22 degrees off normal to get Cozi due to the way the sat was setup originally. Most of us have a dedicated dish peaked special JUST for 103w ku band.

I'm In NE PA. I have tried the GeoSatPro 90cm with the pll lnb. Also tried with Starband dish using the stock lnb on H only and then on V only (notch filter removed and verified to pull H or V transponders on G19). I once got the Huntington Beach cams by setting up the pll lnb on a tripod and placing it to the right of the lnb on a Wineguard 1M offset with bore set to G19. If I can get the Huntington cams is that the right skew to get Cozi TV?
So far, with a Starband dish, I can set it for G3C @95 on the bore and place a pll lnb to the right and get Dod on 101. I can repurpose the Starband dish for that and use the Geosat 90cm for G19. Do I need to use the 1M for 103?
What about Reuters on 113..anyone getting that?
I was also able to get the Lyngsat listings for Telstar 12 @ 15W..TVG, TPA, Inter Satelial, but NO MSNBC using the Geosat Pro 90cm.

You can get the beach cams whether you have the skew right or not. It's only the three NBC feed transponders that are extra-sensitive. (The polarity is actually wrong for the whole Ku side of the satellite, but the lower data rates don't care.) Some people say that the power on some of the NBC transponders went up recently, but my experience is the opposite -- I'm not getting ANY of them, including the one that used to be easy, on my motorized dish right now.

It's possible to get Reuters in this area on a 90cm dish, but your aim has to be right on. (It used to be easier, before they switched to DVB-S2.) If you're not getting an exemplary signal quality on the Dutch & Chinese transponder, you won't get Reuters, or if you do you'll lose it in light cloud cover.

I can't prove it absolutely, but I don't think the MSNBC on 15W is there anymore. I certainly haven't heard anybody talk about it for a year or more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)