Geosat Pro DSR100C

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTAsquirrel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2007
I am looking into installing a system for some friends. They do not want to spend a lot for a HD receiver. I want to set then up so they can get the PBS channels that have AC3 audio using the good ole Sonic Voom.

Looking hard at the Geosat Pro DSR100C for them. I see it passes the AC3 audio out but would like to know if the audio will mute when you use the receivers remote and if the audio is adjustable with this receiver on AC3 audio or if its like my Fortec where I have no control over the audio with the receivers controls.

I'm not sure about your audio question but do you mean you are looking for a receiver that will do HD? I don't believe this one does.

I am looking into installing a system for some friends. They do not want to spend a lot for a HD receiver. I want to set then up so they can get the PBS channels that have AC3 audio using the good ole Sonic Voom.

Looking hard at the Geosat Pro DSR100C for them. I see it passes the AC3 audio out but would like to know if the audio will mute when you use the receivers remote and if the audio is adjustable with this receiver on AC3 audio or if its like my Fortec where I have no control over the audio with the receivers controls.
On the DVR-1100c, AC3 wiil be passed via optical out. :up
No AC3 audio via RCA L/R. :(
Mute and Volume control work via the DVR-1100c remote on OPTICAL OUT. :D

My Coolsats will mute the sound on SPDIF and TOSLINK but won't change the volume :mad:

Thanks for the info. May go with the DVR-1100c. That is very nice to have AC3 volume control on a SD receiver.

Came into this receiver searching knowing the Geosat receivers are not HD, Sorry I was not too clear on that. They do not want to buy a HD receiver yet due to costs and selection. I know they take care of the audio for you when it comes to the AC3, that's nice. I had a Pansat 9200 for a few months but got tired of the constant lockups and the fact I could not program in all the satellites I get with my C/ku band system.

The GEOSATpro DSR100c is the little brother to the DVR1100c. Based on the same hardware and software. Similar feature set, but without USB port, DVR features and has reduced flash memory. The Optical Audio Output is variable on both units.

The DSR100c will be upgraded in December to a new model DSR200c. The DSR200c will add a front USB port for manual firmware and channel list updating. These GEOSATpro models are the only FTA receivers in North America to be supported by full-time OTA-SU firmware updating via satellite. This means that your receiver can always be operating with the latest firmware and updated with only a simple menu selection. Fully compatible with Channel Master editor software and now supporting DiSEqC 1.1 protocol.

Thanks Brian, That helps a whole lot, great to know of the upgrade coming.

remarkable:

Based on a discussion with the VideoReDo video editor guys, I find volume adjustment in the AC3 chain quite an unusual feature - :up
It's a digital signal, and you can't just throw away a few bits to turn it up or down.

Decoding the Dolby is no big deal, apparently.
They claimed without a license to re-encode, they couldn't offer volume adjustment in the AC3 stream.
Wonder how the receiver does it?

Well, regardless... it's a user friendly feature that's most desirable! - :cool:

Is my Geosat DSR100c dead?

Trying to blind scan this unit, but it seems it might be shot...it is not showing any Sig or qual at all.

I know the lines and dish are good, because I connected another FTA unit, and get a Sig of 92, and qual of 74.

Unless I'm doing something wrong? Even when put in Glirystar mode, nothing shows up.

After a blind scan, nothing shows.

Any suggestions, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hillsmi, try starting a thread for this in the FTA receiver support forum, here's a link to it:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/fta-receiver-support.262/

Or just go to the top of the page and click on FORUMS, scroll down to the Free To Air [FTA] Discussion area, and in there click on FTA Receiver Support.

You'll get more responses with a new thread in the FTA receiver forum, this thread here's five years old and most people probably won't see your question here. I don't know a lot about the Glorystar receivers, so I can't really help you with this, but if you start a new thread in the FTA receiver support forum, then someone will help you out. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts