GeoSat Pro HDVR1200, NO CC!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
Hi folks,

Got a problem, NEED HELP....

2 weeks ago I bought GeoSat Pro HDVR1200 receiver on ebay, from
"DISH DIRECT". When I got it, I found out it doesn't show Closed Captioned!!!!
It says in the description that it's Closed captioned support.
I contacted the seller, asked them what can they do about it?????
NO respond......

So, I e-mailed GeoSat Pro. Actually the guy who works for GeoSat Pro,
is a seller at "Satellite AV, LLC" in California.
I've had ask about Closed Captioned issue on the GeoSat Pro
HDVR1200 receiver.
He reply, "The HDVR1200 Closed captioning is still in development."
This e-mail reply was on July 28th.

We'll, if they have an issue with Closed Captioning, they should've
recall all of their HDVR1200 receivers to fix the problem. Just like cars :)))

So, I am wondering, IF any of you have HDVR1200 receiver, and
have seen CC, would it be possible if you could send me, or upload
a firmware or a file that has "CC"? So, that I could down load it
into the HDVR1200 receiver by using the USB flash drive????
Is it possible to do it??? IF the file has "CC".

Hope all helps with answers.

Thank you,
ECruzBUD

Reactions: Elkview
There is no firmware file that does CC, since it has yet to be included in any firmware for the 1200. :)

The ONLY TRUE FTA receiver with closed captioning available right now FOR SURE (I use it) is the MicroHD receiver. This was developed by Brian Gohl (Titanium Satellite) several years back when he owned SatelliteAv. He has since sold that company.

So, sell or send back the 1200, and get the MicroHD instead. This guy is a good official dealer, and if you do a "Make Offer" of $99.00 I'll bet he'll take it:

Last edited:
So, there's no other way to get Closed captioned to work????
Does it has to do with the EPG which it doesn't display, either.

I'll wait to exchange with the guy from Satellite AV who said
once the closed captioned development, he would be willing
to send me a replacement with CC.

In the meantime, Sonicview 8000HD and Coolview X1 and
Coolview X3, does have Closed Captioned, as well. Someone
told me through ebay.

Eugene

Has nothing to do with the program guide.

The 3 you mentioned the CC only works with Hacker ware in them, and that is all I will say about that here.
So the guy you were talking to is a seller of pirate stuff, I would stay far away from that. ;)

ke4est is right. The only TRUE (legal) fta receiver with Closed Captioning as I said above is the MicroHD receiver. None others have it as of yet.

No telling when they'll update the firmware on the 1200 to allow CC. It could be a long time from now.

The MicroHD that Primestar31 suggested is a good receiver. I use one daily and have tried the CC a few times and it worked, but I haven't used the CC option enough to say how well it works overall, or on how many channels.

As for EPG, I might be wrong, but I think most, if not all, FTA channels just simply don't have an EPG, so it doesn't really matter if the receiver supports it or not.

Some receivers that claim to have CC will not work via HDMI.
I agree with A Raine, I'm not aware of any FTA channels that provide an EPG. EBRU TV used to have EPG but it was not accurate and unreliable.
The MicroHD is the best option for CC.

The set-top box hdvr1200 does not pass the directly out of the box by default. If you scan a channel; however; of any CC via FTA signal that is supporting its signal with CC then it is passed onto the tv via hdmi cable is microHD. ANY FILE that this codec is read by the available tuner to receive does exist on the hdvr1200; as is their supply of signals they program the hdvr1200 with. The old not beta file has this for this receiver only because their signal resides on g19 only; and the new beta has this "program" only as its flash after you download their signal from g19. They do not have any guide or CC or rating information broadcast on that satellite is false; as some channels do work in support of their own products! and are not requiring any payment for their reception. Many channels their broadcasting efforts support are advertiser supported. In pay tv services law; both rating and CC must be supported has not been in the 1979 receive only satellite that all of the law is required to serve the general public. This old law requires both supports of rating info and time of day; plus any other devise (today called CC, etc.still). It was the Advertising cost that got to do both SC and MC PC; and all of the baddest; newest; most refined multi-universal Receivers (NTSC/ATSC) of today should only work for North American satellites; where they are freely available to sell all of the antenna's you need to switch to.ll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)