GEOSATPRO 2.4 dish.....anyone???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I'm serviously considering ordering one from Satellite AV, but first need some reviews if anyone has purchased one yet. After playing with smaller solid and mesh dishes, I've come to the conclusion, if I want very good signals on both c/ku I'll need a larger solid dish and it appears the 2.4 with the polar mount just might be what I'm looking for. I already have a 5' mesh on a polar mount with my VonWeise actuator, but the signal quality stinks, especially on the ku side. Anyone thats tested one feel free to 'spout-off.'

The GEOSATpro 2.4M was released just last week. Quite a few have already shipped, so probably will start seeing reviews after a few weekends.

Have been testing one for many months and felt that the construction, quality and performance was very good .... Finally ..... a Polar Mount dish at an incredible price and the shipping cost is very reasonable!

Brian, is SatelliteAV going to start selling actuators for the polar mount on the 2.4m dish? If so can you get the diseqc actuators, like I think I've seen from Europe?

Al

voomvoom said:
Brian, is SatelliteAV going to start selling actuators for the polar mount on the 2.4m dish? If so can you get the diseqc actuators, like I think I've seen from Europe?

Al

Does such an animal exist for a dish of that size? I don't think I've seen one over 12", and used for 1.2M max. Seems it would be painfully slow, if it could even move the dish at all.

We will soon be carrying a 24" Actuator Jack and V-Box+ for DiSEqC 1.2 control of the dish. There are currently no DiSEqC motors on the market that can move a 2.4 Meter dish. Personally, I prefer the heavy duty jack with the 36VDC and DiSEqC interface.

We have tested several solutions that promised DiSEqC motor movement of a Polar Mount 2.4M, but yet to see anything that we would represent.

Played with one prototype design that used an indoor power adapter and ran 24VDC out to the motor. The motor accepted DiSEqC 1.2 commands for motor control. Cool, but will it ever be more than a prototype?

Last edited:
I've only seen pictures of them from Europe. And now that I think about it, one of the new members of SatGuys from Europe mentioned the VBOX II. So, I guess that's how they do it. Never occured to me though? Thanks Brian for bringing that to my attention, and good to know you'll have actuators and the VBOX+ (is that the VBOX II) soon.

Al

Any chance you guys going to have a 10' or 12' dish coming? I would like a solid for my 4dtv but 8' is a bit small and other solids are very pricey in that size.

Last edited:
tdti1 said:
Any chance you guys going to have a 10' or 12' dish coming? I would like a solid for my 4dtv but 8' is a bit small and other solids are very pricey in that size.

My friend is getting the Geosatpro 2.4 this week and I will be comparing signals between my 3.1 mesh and it because I would love to change to a smaller dish if signals are comparible.

Last edited:
Currently testing a 2 panel, solid, 3M offset for distribution by our Mexico office, but probably will not be selling 3M or 4M prime focus dishes. The market demand for this larger dish is too small in North America. If the market for these larger dishes returns, we would certainly be interested in distribution opportunities.

We will be posting additional photos next week of the assembled 2.4M.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts