GEOSATpro Geosatpro 200c Froze On Boot After Factory Reset

Faithwillwin

Original poster
Jan 8, 2018
Texas
GEOSATpro DSR200. I did a factory reset and it froze on "boot". I called glorystar tech and he said that " factory reset sometimes damages the software and there was nothing they could do. It is unfixable and wed have to buy a new one"! There was no warning that it might cause damage. Why should we have to pay for a new one? Is he right?

Welcome Faithwillwin to Satelliteguys! I believe the reference that catamount gave you will restore operation.

Factory resets back to the current installed firmware won't overwrite or corrupt the working operating firmware. I have never observed a satellite receiver permanently disabled by a factory reset. Now, if you had loaded incorrect or corrupted firmware, that might be another story...

Let us know if this restores operation.

Welcome Faithwillwin to Satelliteguys! I believe the reference that catamount gave you will restore operation.

Factory resets back to the current installed firmware won't overwrite or corrupt the working operating firmware. I have never observed a satellite receiver permanently disabled by a factory reset. Now, if you had loaded incorrect or corrupted firmware, that might be another story...

Let us know if this restores operation.

I apologise if I'm not posting correctly on this thread. I haven't quite figured it out yet. The problem still persists and glorystar/satteliteAV still says it's fried and can't be fixed

I did what Catamount suggested but it stuck on the gray "default" box.
I got it on by going thru a process of unplugging, waiting and plugging back in.
Now the remote won't work.

DSR200c Test Reset.JPG

If you see this screen, simply turn off the rear master power switch, wait a few seconds then power on the rear master power switch. The firmware will be reloaded and ready to operate.

------

The remote script may not run until the default firmware is reloaded. Would not expect all remote keys to operate at this point. The bootloader is functioning if you were able to navigate to the current screen.

The reset is performed with the front panel up/down keys the Remote OK key and the rear master power switch.

Turn off the rear master power switch.

Press and hold the front panel up arrow while turning on the rear master power switch. Release when the test screen appears.

Highlight the load default then press the remote OK (enter) key.

Power off the rear master power switch when prompted. Note: the function keys on the front and remote will likely be disabled at this point.

Power on the the rear master power switch and then (if the channel line-up is no longer on the satellite) reprogram (blindscan) the receiver to receive current channel line-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: KE4EST and k.r.
You are in good hands, Faithwillwin. Listen to Titanium (Brian ) as he developed the box originally and brought it to market. He either has good memory or good notes!! ;).

Catamount

Reactions: KE4EST
You are in good hands, Faithwillwin. Listen to Titanium (Brian ) as he developed the box originally and brought it to market. He either has good memory or good notes!! ;).

Catamount

I keep a few samples of everything I develop for future reference, or to keep from repeating the same mistakes twice (or more)... LOL!!! :coco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)