GeoSatPro 90cm dish elevation setting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
On these Ku dishes, does it make much of a difference if you slide the LNB front or back in the bracket. Is there a sweet spot similar to a prime focus dish?

Absolutely, in my experience anyway. Through a lot of trial and error with the aid of a small TV at the dish, I've found that for my Geosatpro 90 cm with a Titanium PLL-1KS LNBF, I get the best reception when the LNBF bracket is placed as close to the front/face of the LNBF as possible and the bracket is raised approximately 1/4 inch above the arm the bracket attaches to. In order to keep the bracket raised I stick a little piece of Styrofoam in the space created between the bracket and the arm. The connecting bolt will go through the Styrofoam and is long enough for the nut to still be fastened.

Before I optimized the LNBF in the manner described above, I also achieved a slight increase in signal quality on a few signals by removing the two rods that go from the dish to the LNBF arm. However, once I found a sweet spot for the LNBF, whether or not these rods were in place didn't seem to have any effect on reception, so I reattached them. I'm not entirely sure how necessary they really are, though.

We had a 20 minute break in the weather this morning so I grabbed my tools, a jumper cable, and the sat finder meter and hustled outside to do some tweaking. First time I've used a meter and it worked like a charm. After tweaking I hurried back inside just as it started to pour again. It was well worth the effort, I've scanned in everything worth scanning for now. Thanks for the help guys. I do wish, however, there was a setting in the menus where you could set USALS as the default for all satellites instead of having to change it individually for each one.

Reactions: Jason S
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts