GEOSATpro C2PLL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Please note that the GEOSATpro units are not the same product as the Titanium Satellite Phase Lock Loop LNBFs. It is very unfortunate when a company knowingly authorizes production of products that infringe on the intellectual development and also the naming of existing products by a competitor. The GEOSATpro products infringe on Titanium Satellite trademarks and the distributor has agreed to correct the GEOSATpro C1 and C2 issues by April 1st, 2015.

A Chinese factory back-doored an early development design of the C1WPLL and C2WPLL samples from our PCB supplier. These pilfered products had been exclusively developed and funded by Titanium Satellite. The copied units use few different components to reduce production cost and do not have the same build quality or hardware. Also note that the GEOSATpro C1 does not have WiMAX (wide area WiFi) filtering, but rather is a wideband version 3.4-4.2Ghz.

In my own testing I found lower performance on the copied units, but I was basically testing to see the performance difference with the reduced build cost components and hardware. There is a testing thread on a Canadian forum that finds the GEOSATpro C1 performance below a DRO type BSC421.

I would be interested in additional testing results as well. Titanium Satellite wants to be sure that our products provide exceptional performance and value for our customers. If this means comparing the originals to cheap copies... game on! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Brian. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Its never surprising that knock offs leave out the best parts and features. That kind of thing makes this hobby difficult to make choices due to the number of knockoffs and junked together parts. I just tried to get to the satelliteav website it check it out and its not responding - anyone here DDoS-ing them?

While we all can make mistakes and poor decisions, what matters at this time is that initial steps have been taken by the distributor to remedy. I fully anticipate that they will honor the agreement and correct the issues by April 1st.

I encourage potential buyers to consider the original Phase Lock Loop C-band LNBFs, the Titanium Satellite C1-PLL, C2-PLL, wideband and lite family of products. Our products feature the exclusive limited lifetime warranty, great performance, exceptional build and quality hardware. When you place them side by side there is no comparisson!

(Short version) I just ordered a C2-PLL from Titanium also.

(Long version) Before I saw this thread I came to the conclusion that I needed a 2 output C-Band LNBF. I spent a major portion of the day re-aligning my Unimesh, which was off arc and had a problem with the 4 wires going from my GBox to the motor. With it fixed and working great for most of the arc I decided that I need a line going downstairs for my Mini HD SE and one going upstairs to my office where I have the new TBS6983. So I searched this site looking for a good C-Band LNBF with 2 outputs and discovered this thread!

Regarding the situation with Satellite AV selling copies: As a software developer whose programs have been widely pirated over the years, I truly know what it feels like to have your own creation ripped off. Upon initial discovery of such actions it feels like I have been emotionally punched in the gut. I am mostly concerned about large scale piracy. On very rare occasions over the past 25 years, I have gotten calls from people who tell me that they 'gave' a copy to a 'friend' and that their friend is considering ordering it. Or they got a copy from a friend and want technical support. It usually quiets them when I tell them what page in the manual where they will find the answer. I spent a long time writing that 180+ page manual. Not to mention the thousands of hours developing the software itself.

As for China, I average 1 sale of 1 copy per version. Now you know why I never bothered to localize the software to Chinese!

Anyways, I look forward to being able to use my Unimesh with 2 receivers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium
Well that explains a lot of things that made me go "Huh?" and scratch my head.
Yes, its good to know (and support) the creator of the product and not the copier(s).

I used to drive over to SatelliteAV to pick up orders in person to save shipping and get it faster (I live near them). But no more...

Pretty bad when even the company you used to own now seemingly pirates from your new business. I saw those lnb's listed, and I also thought they were the Titanium versions just being sold through some sort of agreement.

Reactions: pwrsurge
catoon-fishies.jpg

And sometimes we need a good laugh...
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
- Charles Caleb Colton

I believe I'm the one that started that Canadian thread, I was actually interested in your Titanium PLL but was not able to find anyone in the Toronto area that carried it so I had to settle on the Geosat version. I had high hopes after reading good reviews about your Titanium PLL and I was told the 2 LNBFs were virtually the same ( until I read this thread) From my findings the BSC421 does out preform the Geosatpro C1 on my 1m dish, looks like I might have to bite the bullet and get the Titanium one shipped to Canada

:welcome2 to SatelliteGuys!

Thanks for your post. Yes, the Pyro was the reviewer on the Canadian forum. Sorry that you were told that the product was virtually the same. It may use the C1PLL model name....

Drop me a PM (Private Conversation) or call and I will replace with the real deal. Would be very interested in your review and comparison.

Welcome to the site Pyro!!

:welcome2 to SatelliteGuys!

Thanks for your post. Yes, the Pyro was the reviewer on the Canadian forum. Sorry that you were told that the product was virtually the same. It may use the C1PLL model name....

Drop me a PM (Private Conversation) or call and I will replace with the real deal. Would be very interested in your review and comparison.

gd_zps703f64db.jpg

Sad to hear your product was cloned/copied, good to hear that your product should indeed provide better quality/performance

Brian I will be calling over later today to place an order

thanks for the friendly welcome

Reactions: Titanium
Dear Forum Readers,

Just for your information, I paid for the development of our LNBFs. They were developed and tested by established vendor that we have used for over 10 years. Please, take defaming claims and statements with a grain of salt before hearing the rest of the story.

Thank you for being loyal clients of GEOSATpro brand.

Euge

Reactions: pwrsurge
Dear Forum Readers,

Just for your information, I paid for the development of our LNBFs. They were developed and tested by established vendor that we have used for over 10 years. Please, take defaming claims and statements with a grain of salt before hearing the rest of the story.

Euge
Well don't leave us hangin'. Let's hear the rest of the story. :)

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Dear Forum Readers,

Euge

Paying for the development does not mean that you paid for an original design. Perhaps the money simply went to copy an existing design? But I don't have the inside facts and that is just speculation. I'd like to hear the full details.

I am the guy who came in last fall to get my SL1PLL replaced under the lifetime warranty. At first you would not honor the warranty and we debated it for about 20 minutes. You claimed that the warranty only covered 'frequency drift', but it is more encompassing. To your credit, you did eventually give me a free replacement. But that was not until I informed you that I was a Satellite Guys Pub Member and you re-read the warranty.

"The SL1PLL offers a lifetime warranty, guaranteeing your SL1PLL LNBF to be free of any manufacturing or design defects, an unbelievable maximum +/- 300KHz frequency drift and absolutely no UV related damage for as long as you own your satellite system."

Arguing to get a warranty replacement was not a pleasant experience and I am hesitant to buy any products from you in the future.

Brett

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)