GEOSATpro C2PLL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just the Facts:
  • Titanium Satellite C-band PLL LNBFs had been selling for six months prior to the GEOSATpro LNBFs delivery.
  • Regardless of monies paid or working with a long-time partner manufacturer, the PCBs are copies of the Titanium Satellite original, exclusively developed and manufactured designs.
  • Distributor was aware of the PCBs being reported as unauthorized copies by our factory representative prior to approving the production runs.
  • GEOSATpro model names were selected with full knowledge of the Titanium Satellite products already being sold and promoted.
  • Distributor has agreed to rename the GEOSATpro C-band LNBF models and to modify descriptions before April 1st, 2015.

I find it quite surprising that you would do a total 180 to a company you founded in order to accuse them of cloning some of the C-band PLL LNBF's your are selling rather than collaborating with them with some sort of private label sales agreement.

Do you have a patent registered under your C-band PLL LNBF designs or even have Titanium Satellite registered as a trademark? If not, you have no right to accuse another company from copying your designs.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Please note that the GEOSATpro units are not the same product as the Titanium Satellite Phase Lock Loop LNBFs. It is very unfortunate when a company knowingly authorizes production of products that infringe on the intellectual development and also the naming of existing products by a competitor. The GEOSATpro products infringe on Titanium Satellite trademarks and the distributor has agreed to correct the GEOSATpro C1 and C2 issues by April 1st, 2015.

Holy wow, copied products, similar and/or deceptive naming, is Robby/WSI back in business?? I thought BULLSH!T like this ended in the NA True FTA business when he turned tail and ran. :oldmad

A Chinese factory back-doored an early development design of the C1WPLL and C2WPLL samples from our PCB supplier. These pilfered products had been exclusively developed and funded by Titanium Satellite. The copied units use few different components to reduce production cost and do not have the same build quality or hardware. Also note that the GEOSATpro C1 does not have WiMAX (wide area WiFi) filtering, but rather is a wideband version 3.4-4.2Ghz.

In my own testing I found lower performance on the copied units, but I was basically testing to see the performance difference with the reduced build cost components and hardware. There is a testing thread on a Canadian forum that finds the GEOSATpro C1 performance below a DRO type BSC421.

When we first went after the Amiko SHD-8900 "clones" someone mentioned that they shouldn't be called clones or copies. Those terms are "nice" and "friendly" and could imply it is the same exact thing and same quality and that it is ok to steal someone else's intellectual property. Things like this are COUNTERFEIT. They are fakes and are illegal.

I've tested counterfeit and cheap copies of products before. Sometimes they will look and perform just like (or close) to the real deal. That is until they quit working a week later or start on fire. It would not surprise me if these counterfeits of Titanium LNBFs worked fine for a little while until they start drifting or switching polarities or altogether quit working.

Reactions: ynnedibanez
I had to return my first Geosat LNBF just a couple days after purchase, no matter what I did I could only get 1 of the polarity to work but my local retailer did exchange it hassle free. I'm looking forward to testing out the Titanium LNBF( it was nice talking to your Brian last week ) I look forward to testing out your product

Thanks Pyro! Always fun talking technology with a fellow hobbyist. Hope the weather gives you a break for some testing.

Maybe you could send a few feet of snow our way as we just went through the driest January on record. Nothing on the ground below 6500 feet in the Sierras!

box.jpg Got my Titanium C1-Pll yesterday - more than excited thank you Brian

also got about 2ft of snow yesterday which is not as exciting, hopefully the sun will come out and melt the snow off my garage roof so I can get this installed.

I will start a new thread hopefully soon comparing both

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.