GEOSATpro DSR200 Receiver Won't Power On

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
Hello again. I have a similar problem now. This time it is a 'new' 200c. New as in not used, but I've had it for some months. Upon plugging in, and turning on the main switch, the red light on the front came on and then went off and displayed the number 2. There was no signal on the rf output and the front buttons were not effective. The remote had no affect. Just wondering if there is something I should do to reset and get the system working. Thanks

New? The 200c model hasn't been sold as new for about 2 1/2 years. Better blow the dust off the top of that one... LOL!

The DSR200 was the basic model sold without card reader for past two years.

Is any coax connected? Sounds like the symptoms from a short on the LNB IN coax.

Tried performing a Master Reset?

How to Perform a clean Master Reset with firmware reloading:

• Power Off the rear panel Master Power Switch
  • Depress and hold the Channel Up Button on the front panel switch the Master Power Switch ON
  • Release the Channel Up Button after the Testing Menu appears
  • Select #0 LOAD DEFAULT and press OK. When prompted, turn OFF the Master Power Switch or the rear of the receiver
  • If using the RF output and the video does not appear, Press OK button 2 (two) times and the video display will reappear
  • Perform the receiver activation

Last edited:
I got it!

:) Hi Brian I got that old (almost new) receiver to work well and the user is happy with it. Thanks. I also set up 2 new 1200's. Very nice! I like it very much. I am on vacation.... 2 successful dish aims in Michigan, 2 in West Virginia, one in New York. I'm working on the second one here. This one is has an older GeoSat dish and a MercII receiver. I can get the dish aimed fine, but the receiver is still looking at AMC4 channels with the dish looking at G19. I am begging for some support on what I should already know. (How to re-program the MercII) I'll look at the Glorystar website and review the instructions for re-aiming for the Mercury II. I'd like to leave Ithaca on Tuesday with the dish aimed well and the old receiver viewing the channels they will want to see. The head Deacon is recommending a new receiver. I've whetted his appetite for the new 1200. Thanks again. Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)