GEOSATpro GEOSATpro DVR1000ci

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Was recently gifted a GEOSATpro DVR1000ci...

I realize that this unit is a bit aged, and it seems to have issues. Wondering if it would be worth sending out to have diagnosed and repaired or not.

When I scan for channels, it doesn't want to pick up ANYTHING; reports BAD on any / all transponders. So not sure if something inside is fried? Also, the picture output isn't the best, on two different televisions (wavy lines).

Is this a paperweight, or would any of you, if it was yours, consider sending it out for diagnosis / repair?

Thanks

Sounds like it may have took a surge from lightning. Before we got our Amiko Mini HD SE last year we had an X2 Premium. It took a lightning hit but appeared to work fine. I found out no matter which lnb was connected it wouldn't find any channels on any satellite during a scan and had to throw it away. When you have your LNB connected do you get anything on the level indicator, that would indicate it at least is seeing the LNB connected to it. If you don't already have it, here is a link to download the manual: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/attachments/dvr1000ci-manual10_2006-pdf.99305/

The LO maybe set different than the LNBF you have.
However that receiver is a DVBS only box. It would only be good for 97W Ku, if working. It would be about the same price or cheaper to order a new Mini HD SE that has upgraded features and does DVB-S2.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)