Geosatpro Gs120 Coax Length

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I assume it can handle a good 200 feet. My SG2100 has a line 160 or so feet away and it works great :)

Most HH motors can be run up to 150' using standard RG6 coax. Longer lengths many require a better quality cable such as Quad RG-6. The distance that a motor can be controlled is more a function of the receiver that is controlling it. Some receivers put out a strong DiSEqC signal, while other receivers are weak.

This is good to know. I read somewhere that 75 feet is the max for the motor. My coax run will be between 75 and 100 feet so I should be fine.

About the coax: I'll be using Skywalker 1207, 60% aluminum braid, 2.25 GHz solid copper, 3 GHz swept tested.

Will the above cable work good with the GS120? I plan on burying the cable.

BTW, isn't the GS120 the same motor as the SG2100?

If you are burying a coax cable, it should be labeled "Flooded" or "Direct Burial". Regular coax is not suited for this purpose and the cable will most likely fail or have degraded with constant exposure moist soil within a few years.

The GS120 has high quality hardened steel hardware, simplified installation procedure and has been USALS compliant for several years. The new SG2100 has changed to a two button design upgraded to hardened hardware and is USALS compliant. We have opted to stay with the single button design as we found during testing that this design is more reliable and easier to reset. Both are fine motors and I am sure that you would be very happy with either brand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts