GEOSATpro Geosatpro Micro HD scan problems

Guzner

Original poster
Apr 28, 2015
North Carolina
I bought a Micro HD last week and noticed it wasn't finding as many channels as the generic box I had been using. On the transponders it does find it often finds channels my old box did not so it works well in that regard. I thought initially the Micro just wasn't as sensitive as the old box but then I went into the TP search on the Micro and found that of the transponders listed there some were showing good signal and quality. I have searched individual transponders with 75+ signal quality and the Micro HD still says "no program found". I have the single satellite search set for all channels, TV and Radio, and the scan frequency set from 10700 to 12750 mhz but still come up empty much of the time where I know there are receivable channels. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just got off the phone with a friend that has issues with his newly arrived microHD. The problem is the new units have a firmware that sux. It needs the firmware reflashed to the latest authorized firmware. Which is older than what is on the your mircoHD right now.

... and the scan frequency set from 10700 to 12750 mhz but still come up empty much of the time where I know there are receivable channels. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Are you using a 'Universal' or 'Standard' LNB? Where did you buy the MicroHD from?

Check that the Lo for the LNB in your receiver is set to Universal 9750/10600, you will have to set it for each sat you setup. What channels are you missing? If it's Movies and MeTV on 101W, or Me on 99, change the transponders last digit up/down by one. Make sure that when you scan that you use blind scan, too.

10700 to 12200 for frequency when scanning it should be, not 10700 to12750? Typo, maybe?

Check that the Lo for the LNB in your receiver is set to Universal 9750/10600, you will have to set it for each sat you setup. What channels are you missing? If it's Movies and MeTV on 101W, or Me on 99, change the transponders last digit up/down by one. Make sure that when you scan that you use blind scan, too.

10700 to 12200 for frequency when scanning it should be, not 12750?

10700 to 12200 for frequency when scanning it should be, not 12750?

I've got nothing on G17 right now. I get News One Live and ABC NAC ch2 on the old box along with various news feeds. The Micro HD will get maybe 10% of the feeds the old one does but some of the transponders show good signal in TP search. It will pick up the two channels on G17 I mentioned if I scan several times. Roughly same performance on other satellites.

I've got nothing on G17 right now. I get News One Live and ABC NAC ch2 on the old box along with various news feeds. The Micro HD will get maybe 10% of the feeds the old one does but some of the transponders show good signal in TP search. It will pick up the two channels on G17 I mentioned if I scan several times. Roughly same performance on other satellites.

News One Live 1 and ABC NAC CH2 are both up right now. I assume this is a motorized dish? May be that your longitude and latitude settings might need to be tweaked a bit.

Could be like Magic Static said about the firmware too, I seem to remember reading something about the new firmware being not so good. What firmware does the receiver have in it? press menu, go down to Tools, over to Information, it's the bottom two lines on that page.

News One Live 1 and ABC NAC CH2 are both up right now. I assume this is a motorized dish? May be that your longitude and latitude settings might need to be tweaked a bit.

Could be like Magic Static said about the firmware too, I seem to remember reading something about the new firmware being not so good. What firmware does the receiver have in it? press menu, go down to Tools, over to Information, it's the bottom two lines on that page.

Software Version TDV10290-1-0-2-0
Product Version HDVS54012-1211457A0 2014-4-25

Software Version TDV10290-1-0-2-0
Product Version HDVS54012-1211457A0 2014-4-25

I'm working on the upgrade. It keeps saying "no valid files found". I downloaded the file from the Geosat site and unzipped to a USB. I see the file when the USB is plugged into my laptop. Manual upgrade from satellite gets stuck at "gathering information"

I'm working on the upgrade. It keeps saying "no valid files found". I downloaded the file from the Geosat site and unzipped to a USB. I see the file when the USB is plugged into my laptop. Manual upgrade from satellite gets stuck at "gathering information"
They shut the data stream from the satellite down. You can only update by USB

OP doesn't have a problem, the MicroHD just plain sucks for blind scanning. Problems since day 1 that I've owned it (not long after it was released) including missing carriers that are close together (like when you have lots of news feeds lit up on a transponder and it only locks some but not all).

There is also problems that carriers get missed from being added likely due to the same problem as when channels are manually added. As far as I can tell, when a carrier has a super-narrow SR and you manually add it because it was missed in blind scan, it will lock on and then drop lock and reacquire lock when it does the channel scan. If the narrow carrier takes a moment to re-lock during the channel scan part, the MicroHD will report no channels because it was too impatient to wait or check for channel re-lock during the channel scan process.

If it's a busy news night (major news or election night for instance), I use my PC tuner and crazyscan so I don't miss close-together carriers for signal identification and then manually add that channel to the MicroHD if I want to watch it on the big screen.

Mine blind scans good, I've never had much trouble with it. If I do have any trouble blind scanning, I do like Kraven does and delete all TPs first and then blind scan. My MicroHD is way, way better than the other six or seven receivers I have.

With older firmwares, it wouldn't scan in MeTV and Movies, but one of the later firmwares fixed that.

Update:
I have switched to a standard LNB and the Micro HD now performs as well or slightly better than my old receiver. I initially had them both connected to a universal Avenger PLL322S-2 twin. I switched to a standard Avenger KSC322 twin and it seems to have cleared up my problem. My old unbranded unit performs about the same with the new LNB but the Micro HD is definitely doing better. Thanks to everybody who posted.

Reactions: . Raine
OP doesn't have a problem, the MicroHD just plain sucks for blind scanning. Problems since day 1 that I've owned it (not long after it was released) including missing carriers that are close together (like when you have lots of news feeds lit up on a transponder and it only locks some but not all).

There is also problems that carriers get missed from being added likely due to the same problem as when channels are manually added. As far as I can tell, when a carrier has a super-narrow SR and you manually add it because it was missed in blind scan, it will lock on and then drop lock and reacquire lock when it does the channel scan. If the narrow carrier takes a moment to re-lock during the channel scan part, the MicroHD will report no channels because it was too impatient to wait or check for channel re-lock during the channel scan process.

If it's a busy news night (major news or election night for instance), I use my PC tuner and crazyscan so I don't miss close-together carriers for signal identification and then manually add that channel to the MicroHD if I want to watch it on the big screen.

What's this PC tuner and Crazyscan you speak of?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts