Get any good games for Xmas?

Anyone get any good games this Xmas?

I got:

Rock Band: AC/DC
Call of Duty: World at War

The latter I was truly not expecting. My wife and I went to my aunt's house for Xmas dinner and they ended up getting us both a few gifts. I felt like such a jerk because we didn't get them anything, although we at least brought over some wine. Anyways my aunt gives me a gift that I figure is a DVD, and I see it's CoD and I almost pooped myself.

I bought CoD and beat it already.

Got "Tombraider - Underworld" for the PS-3. It's ok but it would probably seem a lot better if I hadn't played "Unchartered" recently - that was a great game.

For you COD players, I've heard it's a pretty good game. Can anyone compare it to GRAW (Ghost Recon 2) ?

I'm still annoyed that the LBP glitch hasn't been resolved. I've been wary of playing it ever since. Apparently it's a profile size issue. To me it just reeks of bad programming and even worse QA. I understand that you can't detect ALL bugs typically on a given game, but this is a little ridiculous and it reeks of "Let's put out a 'done' game and deal with any other issues as they come up as opposed to taking the time to iron out as much as we can beforehand."

My daughter got a Wii, plus many games, I like the Mario Kart game so far the best. She kicks my ass in boxing.:(

We might get Super Smash brothers and World of Goo with the gift cards she got for Xmas.

The family picked up Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the PS3 (for the 18 year old), MarioKart for Wii, Guitar Hero III - Legends of Rock for PS3, and Wii Monopoly (thinking this would be a fun family game). CoD4 is just unplayable due my lack of dexterity on the controller - I can't get out of the cargo ship while its sinking in the first scenario. I find that the Wii controller setup works better based upon my experience playing Resident Evil on the Wii (it seems much more intuitive to me). I love MarioKart, but the rest of the family is driving me crazy on Guitar Hero III - it's just nonstop playing, and it's the same songs over and over and over again. Jeesh! It is fun, but I can only take so much. :) Monopoly has turned out to be a dud. It just takes too long on each players turn and it's a little cumbersome. Trading properties can be tedious.

The family picked up Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the PS3 (for the 18 year old), MarioKart for Wii, Guitar Hero III - Legends of Rock for PS3, and Wii Monopoly (thinking this would be a fun family game). CoD4 is just unplayable due my lack of dexterity on the controller .

That's funny, cause I have the same issue. My kids have grown up with Sony style controls, but it's relatively new to me.

So, after hear me say a million times, "I'd beat you if I had a regular old-school joystick", they bought me one for Christmas (for the PS3).

So, now, they took away all my excuses and still beat me.

i got tiger 09 for ps3. have not had a chance to play it though/ has anyone uploaded a pic of themselves? does that work well? thats a pertty good idea.

I got Fallout 3 as one of the presents from my sister. I just started playing last night and so far I like it. It is very different from any game I've played before. I have a feeling that this could take some serious time to play.

You have NO idea.... I'm 70 hours in, but I'm a completeist and trying to get as many achievements as I can. I'll have to play it through at least two more times to unlock all of them (You have to be a goody goody, a neutral, and a baddie to get them all)... Plus the 20 bobbleheads achievement and the kill all the supermutants will be near impossible to pull off....

As for other games, these hit our household in 4Q2008 (to either me, my daughter, or my son)...

All 360 games (no wii games asked for strangely by either of them)

GTA IV (I know, somehow missed it earlier this year)
Call of Duty: World at War
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Scene It! Box Office Smash
Sing It
Dance Dance Revolution 3
Turok
The Orange Box
World Series of Poker 2008

Yeah, I'm gonna be busy for a while.... ESPECIALLY since I've sunk so much time into Fallout 3 already.

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Crazy game, but I like it. As much as I'd love to get MGS4, LBP or Fallout 3, I just don't have the time to put into these games for hours on end :(

As much as I'd love to get MGS4, LBP or Fallout 3, I just don't have the time to put into these games for hours on end :(

LBP is fun even if you only do the story mode (10-15 hrs). Then, when you're bored later on you can play any of the thousands of user-created levels online just to kill some time...

LBP is fun even if you only do the story mode (10-15 hrs). Then, when you're bored later on you can play any of the thousands of user-created levels online just to kill some time...

You could kill a lot of time building your own levels...

Agreed - I just wanted to make sure he knew that he didn't have to invest that kind of time into it to get good fun out of it....

I agree 100%. I spend more time trying to get the music out of my head than I do playing.

Take that!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEEHVNqKnF4"]YouTube - Volver a comenzar - Cafe tacuba(Version Completa)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4FaGacwtd4]YouTube - The Go! Team - Get It Together[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ScnxAkpbnc]YouTube - Jim Noir - 'My Patch'[/ame]

I can't believe those are "real" songs. I thought that they just licensed out some random, wacky music. I was sure that the "Get it Together" thing was made in house. That "My Patch" song has one of the most retarded videos I've ever seen, which isn't surprising given the source material. ;p

I can't believe those are "real" songs. I thought that they just licensed out some random, wacky music. I was sure that the "Get it Together" thing was made in house. That "My Patch" song has one of the most retarded videos I've ever seen, which isn't surprising given the source material. ;p

It's a mix - some of those real songs and some that were composed just for the game.

And yes, they are very "catchy" indeed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)