Get my new dish today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

k.r.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Floyd knobs indiana
Get my new dish today... 8 ft Fortec....its pretty cool here today...but i think i can have it together and up pretty quickly..its a fixd mount..im going to use the lnb from my 100 cm c band dish the geosat c1 pll...where would you all surf first...i was thinkn after i compare amg's sig swinging to 127...i think my clear view is 30w 61w then house in way then 83w to my west horizion clear..im soo glad to be out them apartments and finally own a home..with some room to play

Sent from my SM-N910P using the SatelliteGuys app!

20170310_083201.jpeg
20170310_083212.jpeg

My helper is excited and ready too

Looking forward to hearing how it all went..........Take plenty of pics!!

Reactions: k.r.
So do you got that thing pulling in channels yet?

Ive scand from 127w to 97w....lotsa stuff compared to the 90 cm and 1 meter mini c bands...im gona continue surfin here in few hours its 16 deg out...my amg sig comparison is 1 meter 56 and the 8 ft 68...on 99 west the shepard channel didnt gain but 1 percent but all the channels i was missing are in 60 and 70s...im happy with it..the mount isnt as wimpy as it looks..it holds the dish in the breeze solid with out tipping..i think after i finish scanning away at c band im gona swap lnb and try ku band and see the gain on 103 then start scanning from the east and see just how far i can go..

Sounds like you have a fun filled day ahead...cold or not. :)

Just looking at the mount and got to thinking, which is dangerous. But, have you thought about setting on something like a lazy susan? Would make it easy to swing from satellite to satellite. Would need to figure out a method to keep held on satellite, but would be much less back effort than moving dead weight and shifting. With some effort, could possibly even motorize so that you wouldn't even need to go outside. Just someone on the outside looking in, and letting the mind wander, then sayin somethin.

Looks and sounds like you are having fun. Even in the cold.

Ive scand from 127w to 97w....lotsa stuff compared to the 90 cm and 1 meter mini c bands...im gona continue surfin here in few hours its 16 deg out...my amg sig comparison is 1 meter 56 and the 8 ft 68...on 99 west the shepard channel didnt gain but 1 percent but all the channels i was missing are in 60 and 70s...im happy with it..the mount isnt as wimpy as it looks..it holds the dish in the breeze solid with out tipping..i think after i finish scanning away at c band im gona swap lnb and try ku band and see the gain on 103 then start scanning from the east and see just how far i can go..

just wandering if you picked up the reelz/halmark mux with that dish?

99 west
Abc 73%
Lesea 71%
Pr's at 3812 51%
Cornerstone 61%
Bvovn 62%
Sc hd 63 %
Gdmx 3811 70%
Gdmx 3740 66%
Escapes 61%
Slate (afn) 62%
G16/19 63%
Pr's 3845 61%

I spent a ton of time adjusting the scaler and lnb for peak..well along with the dish too lol... not made it east of 91w yet..its pretty cold and windy...orderd a geosat primefocus ku lnb and a clamp holder for it to play a lil more when it warms up..

Reactions: FTA4PA
It turns pretty easy on the ground with out blocks..i thought of maken a track for the circle of the bottom of mount and puttin a blob a good grease in it..and mabe drilling holes at each tuned location so i can just spin spin spin and then drop some sorta pin into it..i also thought of mounting this down to a large wooden pilot...im up for any thoughts...heres the current mounting
1489546322271.jpeg

Reactions: FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts